The New Year Resolution Thread

1. Back to the gym
2. Shed this 5 stone I've managed to gain since my dad died
3. Spend less time at work!

Spend less money on cars (oops spent the kitchen money on a second car a couple of months ago)

Learn how to drive the clio properly on a track (without binning it)

Lose some weight (this time it happens - 2 stone by June)

Spend more quality time with the mrs (had a bad scare involving an ambulance a few days ago which put cars etc. in perspective)

Learn to service brakes (any willing tutors out there?)

happy new new year everyone.

Lose 4st
get 197 converted
drive 197
clean 197
attend FCS
move house in 2 weeks
learn to live again
try to find a job that I can do without being in horrendous pain 24/7
oh did I say drive the 187 for the first time in 36 months :worried:

Can't wait for the gym later, will be rammed with people doing new years resolutions and im going to get pestered with questions etc even though i have ear phones in a clearing trying to train..yayyyy

May just have to stay at the office and work late.

Think my new years resolution will be to do the 'ring :smile:

So how's everyone with their New Years resolutions?

Well I have started back with the weights, lost a stone and yeah am working more :worried: two outta three ain't bad lol

Good going!

back at the gym everyday I am, took a 6 month break, but I'm focused more this time and adjusted my diet too

Good going!

back at the gym everyday I am, took a 6 month break, but I'm focused more this time and adjusted my diet too

Good to hear! Diet is key and will account for most of your progress (not sure what you goal is) keep it up

Losing weight is easy. Its the keeping it off that the tricky bit.

I lost just over 3 stone last year (Was a weighty 14 stone back in February) and find that losing it was easy, maintaining it is tricky (Emma says I'm not allowed to lose any more lol).

I'm 14 1/2 stone currently, I'm trying to get up to 15 stone but staying a healthy BMI

Weights weights weights lol, I'm committed to it 100% this year.

ive had injuries last year and the year before holding me back

It all depends on your body type as to whether you can gain/loose weight easy (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph). I for example (ecto) can stay lean easy but cant put on weight easy - can eat cake etc etc and not exceed roughly 12% body fat.

Started training at 19, was only 9st..2 years later i was 13.5st and id guess 10% body fat (if that) so dropped fat and put on 63lbs (4.5st) of muscle (Gez you may have seen a progress pic on my Instagram?) - Now at 22 ive not progressed much more so will need to switch it up and get bigger/leaner for summer :wink:

If your trying to gain that extra 1/2 stone it should be eat, eat, eat, eat, weights, eat, sleep :smile:

Best diet for weight loss is probably Ketogenic, best for gains is just eat like made, train and supplement well :smiley:

What injuries you had @Gez ? Ive always had issued with my shoulder (rotator cuff) when going heavy on bench press or shoulder press - hurts at the time but i just get on with it now, CBA to see a doctor as they will just say "have 6 weeks break" which is a no no

Last edited: