The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
Quick question, I am new to the 200 scene, picked mine up 4 weeks ago and love it but am cosidering a new exhaust.

What is the difference between an akra and an akra evo system? Is it just a decat that is the difference?

Thanks

Yup. The Evolution system removes the cat and replaces it with a silencer.

Oh meant to ask, when you say replaces it with a silencer, does that mean that the car will fail an emissions test? I assume so given that the CAT is gone?

Oh meant to ask, when you say replaces it with a silencer, does that mean that the car will fail an emissions test? I assume so given that the CAT is gone?

Not sure. There is still a cat at the manifold end (pre-cat) so should still pass on emissions.

I'll know for sure when our 200 goes in for its first MOT in February.

Hmmm, would be interested to know that before taking the plunge for the full system, cannot be bothered with the whole decat thing again, be there done that too many times with cars. Think I am getting old lol.

Thanks.

From what I've read previously i believe it will still pass on emissions. However, the MOT regs recently (last year at some point) changed. It now states that a car must have a cat where there was one originally. Thereby it being automatic fail as soon as you remove the cat. However, for the MOT place to fail you on this they first have to know that there was one there in the first place, if you see what I mean. Wouldn't worry too much about it, getting mine removed soon and is due first MOT in September.

Hmmm, I would be worried about it personally, here in Northern Ireland the testers are strict and tests are all carried out at official DVLNI depots as I am sure you all know, we can't just have any ceritifed garage do it over here.

My s2000 failed earlier in the year because it had the xenon headlamp washers removed, having these fitted was also a new regulation that came in and it seems they are sticking to the rules over here at least.

So a full system might be off the cards for me it seems.

Does anyone on here have the slip on akra system? All I am after really is the nice sound, not massively fussed on gaining a few bhp...does the slip on system sound good too?

Ah, I see. Might be best not to get the evo system then.
But if you're just gona get a cat-back system you may as well save a bit of monies and go for Miltek/K-tec/any of the others listed above.

What about the TDF road system? According to the poll only 3 people on here seem to have it fitted? Anyone about that has it? Would there be much difference from this and the ktec catback?

I am after something a little more throaty/deep but don't want a really loud system.

Last night SteC fitted my new Mongoose system that I got from eBay for £265 delivered from Magnex (or whoever is running operations there now). I had had my standard system centre silencer and cat removed, but unfortunately the baffles in the back box had gone and the resonance was becoming very irritating.

As I didn't want my new system to be any quieter or pop and bang less I asked them to reuse the decat pipe and centre pipe and sleeve it to the back box. Due to the Mongoose using different mounts to the standard system it wasn't as straightforward to fit; it needed the hanger from the mongoose silencer grinding off and welding to a sleeve! It's not the prettiest system underneath but it does sound excellent!

At 84mph on cruise control, the exhaust is close to silent. I turned my radio off and the loudest thing was the wind and tyre noise. I was genuinely staggered by how quiet it was at that speed. It is noisier at 74mph!

My flatspot had been pretty bad recently, but as soon as the exhaust was fitted yesterday it seemed miles better. Let's hope it stays that way.

Overall, I'm very happy with the new system! :thumbsup:

Powerflow is a franchise. They will make any exhaust up on any car. Being a franchise though means there are good and bad ones.
I've had an excellent powerflow exhaust before, but have seen some truely shocking ones done at other places.

So then out of experience what is the system that would be the quietest, or closest to standard, I know none will be as quiet as satndard but what would be quietest

A friend of mine is offering me Akrapovic Evolution. He want's my standard + some money. Except quick weekend spins I am mostly highway driver, around 70mph..
I am affraid that I might get tired of extra noise soon..?
Rathe than that, any noticable power gains? I would stick to exhaust only, no ecu..