Votes: 10 12.5%
  • TSI - Turbo + Supercharger

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Euro emissions law means the death to NA....it will be turbo

True true

Wish they'd just say openly it's going to be a 1.6turbo so everyone stops speculating!! It's a question we all know the unfortunate answer too although possibly the reliability will get better going jap and more than likely a jap gearbox :smile:

brilliantly said:smile:

Cheers!!! :smile:

In fact, now that Honda have given up with the K20, the F4R is THE last 2.0 NA STILL in production... That I can think of at least!!!

I just can't entertain the thought of an FI Clio, it's like an NA Impreza. If I want an FI Renault, I'll buy a Megane. If I want an FI car at all, I'll buy an Impreza.

Turbo's are £/BHP central, Superchargers sound awesome, but nothing compares to a balls out high-revving NA engine. Our generation will see the death of it and it'll be a shame. FI is lazy engineering, very clever but lazy, you can cover up an engines flaws by giving it lashes of boost and as such the feeling of huge power and flexibility. With an NA engine, if it's not right you feel it, it's linear and natural.

At the top of the range is a newly developed 1.6-litre Direct Injection Gasoline turbocharged (DiG-T) engine which develops 190PS and 240Nm. It's a light one too. It's not going to be in it's most ferocious tune in a family 'crossover' either (whatever that is?!?).

Could be a cracker if you see grumpy's post above.

I'd still lust over an NA though.

As a last hurrah..they need to produce a 200.r
Similar ethos to r26..ie lotsa weight saving,caged,carboned etc etc.

I want N/A and 45mpg AND 0-60 in 6secs lol!

I can only see one of them coming true though. It will be a shame to lose the N/A but I can't see it staying :'(

As long as it looks good, handles well and is reasonably priced I think it will sell. Lets face it, the Clio is all about the cornering ability, the engine is fun, but isn't particularly fast, so anything faster will be a bonus. When you factor in the poor mpg, emmissions, power and torque, the engine seems very dated in a world where the emmissions are becoming one of the most important factors when buying a car. I just hope they make the new engine the best turbo hot hatch on sale and make us all a bit happier about loosing the screaming 2.0 bad boy!

Cheers!!! :smile:

In fact, now that Honda have given up with the K20, the F4R is THE last 2.0 NA STILL in production... That I can think of at least!!!

Do BMWs count? Are their 18is, 20is, 23is all N/A 2.0?

Nissan_1-L.jpg

Side profile does look slightly familiar. 188bhp and 177 lb ft of torque. Bugger turbo and a manual gearbox could be a winner.

Will likely have stop start technology also.

Drove the new 508 e-hdi yesterday for a bit and it's very impressive. Much better than any other s/s system I've tried

Last edited:
The way euro emissions restrictions are pushing things I can see it going to turbo. What Id really like to see would be a light weight 6 pot 3.0 litre naturally aspirated jobo, although that definitely wont happen haha

Do BMWs count? Are their 18is, 20is, 23is all N/A 2.0?

I was thinking that earlier today at work, was racking my brains for some more!!! :smiley:

I'm pretty sure BMW still make a 2.0 NA yes, but they seem to be downsizing and boosting all over the place. New M3 is V6TT instead of V8 I think!?! And M5 is V8TT instead of V10!?!

but they seem to be downsizing and boosting all over the place. New M3 is V6TT instead of V8 I think!?! And M5 is V8TT instead of V10!?!

M-division always said their cars would be high revving n/a monsters. then look at the x5m and x6m - :rofl:

Would love to see it N/A but i think it'll be turbo!
Also hope they do a R26.R style last hoorah for the 200, i started a thread on the Renault Sport forum on this and ended up with quite big discussion/deabte/:poke::chair::shout::jedi:
Personally, after my 200 i'm going rear drive or at least 300bhp :biggrin:

I know I'll get burned for this but.... most of my problems with the clio are because of the engine. It's poor at gaining power unless you have DEEP pockets, the torque is crap and so is the mpg. For me if it had better mpg and more torque it'd be perfect. If that means turbo then bring it on. If they stay N/A then I WON'T be buying one unless it runs on magic torque beans I can grow in my garden..