Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Supercharged

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • TSI - Turbo + Supercharger

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
So there's been a thread raging on the RS forum about the future direction of the RenaultSport Clio. As most part of the debate has been quite interesting I thought I'd open up the can of worms here also.

Insert conjecture below.

#EDIT: Feel free to post not just what direction you can see Renault going in but also what you'd personally like to see.#

Last edited:
It'll be the 1.6T from the Nissan Juke.

Which, as good a car as it'll probably be, I think its soul will die a little without an NA engine.

I'd LOVE one last hurrah from the F4R, something around 220BHP and 8500RPM. My worse case scenario would be a sh!te boring VAG-esque 1.4TSi. :worried:

Rumour at the mo though right.

I agree, want something new to thrash. Not interested in mid range. 8,000 rpm thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone drove a car with the 1.4 TSI and DSG box.
Granted it's not as happy as the Clio and it doesn't want to rag your face off if you let it, but blimey! For such a little engine it's got some punch, without the DSG it would be a little pap tho.
Mates got a fabia Vrs and it's a great car unless your used to the Clio.
But from the mpg and other figures it gets I can see atleast a turbo coming in the next Clio :-(
The torque will be nice to have low down but it won't be as much fun as the NA.

I'd say supercharged, the whole reason for buying the clio is that it's a drivers car. Adding a turbo really removes that drivers experience with lag etc.

A supercharged small capacity engine feels pretty much like a N/A higher capacity engine, fuel economy maybe isn't quite as good as a turbo'd car due to the way it's driven from the crank but that's not the primary concern for RenaultSport owners

I personally think Renault will probably go down the 1.6,1.8 turbo route. But as always they will make it their own.

Perhaps maybe a 2.0T but not as tuned as the Meg?

As nice as it would be for it to be NA again it's pretty much got to be a turbo engine and most likely if not definately the one they've used in the Nissan Juke.

They just won't be able to keep up with emissions regs and with the way fuel is going it needs to be a bit more economical if possible.

They just won't be able to keep up with emissions regs and with the way fuel is going it needs to be a bit more economical if possible.

Definitely given that the UK is one of, if not the biggest market for RenaultSports.

The way €€€'s and £££'s are at the moment they probably don't fancy ploughing money into another, to what's to all intents and purposes, a bespoke race/road engine that the F4R is.

The development of a an existing group engine is a logical step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtsx78ZTBs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How tuneable?