The 182's driving me mad

richandgem

Platinum Member
Dropped the 182 off at the garage yesterday for an MOT, new rear tyre and tracking check now I've got the coil overs sorted.

Got a phone call today to say they had replaced an exhaust bracket that had broke, and that they hadn't bothered to MOT it properly as the emmisions weren't right. Turns out the oxygen sensor before the cat has failed so I need a new one :worried:

so another £150 to get it sorted, the flipping car is driving me mad at the minute we seem to be throwing money at it in maintenance, it doesn't seem to want to run right for a week straight lol

saying that it might be coz I get any little bit sorted straight away, it's all only little bits. It's a good job the cars so much fun :smile:

I love our 182 :smile:

Sell it and you get banned. Simples :smile:

Love it and we'll continue to love you :smile::smile::smile:

well ure alot like me, I hear a knock and its straight into the garage. having teething problems with coilovers atm knocks and bangs im not used to. i wudve told em to leave the oxygen sensor n bought 1 off ebay and swapped myself.

Dude, when you have owned a saxo, you get used to it going into the garage!

Go and buy a VTS, then when you go back to the 182, it will be worth it.

Having said that, my legendary Suki Saxo VTS is still fighting on - 135k on the clock, original gearbox too!

I wont sell it mate, it's so good especially since I've had the work done. And the coilies are sorted now :smile:

it's just one little thing after another with it at the mo lol

but as I said I get any little thing sorted straight away

rich ive lost ure address for the brake money cus ive had to delete all my PM's ill buy em off u next week when i have some dosh if u dont mind. are they the ones chappo has with black edges?

jeeze mike does it still run well????

She's on her fourth owner since me, and she's running like a dream, paint still looks brand new.

Lad called Ross Burgis bought her :smile:

Richandgemandrichandgemandrichandgem - your car is a legend, so therefore we know you won't sell :smile:

rich ive lost ure address for the brake money cus ive had to delete all my PM's ill buy em off u next week when i have some dosh if u dont mind. are they the ones chappo has with black edges?

Yes mate they'll be the same as Chappo's :smile:

when ur ready to send the money drop me a pm mate

Well I picked the car up from the garage Friday afternoon and it's great. I had sent them a genuine Renault sensor which they fitted to the car, plus a new tyre. I spent sone time before it went in on the coilovers as it had been pulling the left. It turned out that the ride height was slighty different left to right do I sorted that and got the garage to adjust the alignment.

Car feels great now, no pulling and the steering has firmed up and the car grips better through the corners. One of the exhaust bracket had also broken which is what what rattling lol anyway car passed the MOT not even a mention of anything else wrong with it.

So I'm giving it a full detail as I write this in preperation for it's trip to Le Mans. I will get some pics up when I'm done, trouble is I have to do the 197 then :wink:

I think that becomes the problem on cars over 4 years old, you start to get little things go wrong with them time to time. My missus' SportKa had an lambda sensor go when It was nearly 4, cost her £80 on the side cash in hand for a mechanic down the road. I'm just waiting for the next thing to go on it now. But I think as long as you look after them, it'll only ever remain as small problems.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SeanTheSheep Clio General Chat 6
M Other Renault Sports 20
N0ddie Gallery 19
Mike Clio General Chat 30
richandgem General Chat 4