Clio 182's?

Thought i'd ask on here as you lot may know about these cars! Being 197 owners.

My brother is looking at 182's, cheap enough and seems you get a bit of bang for your buck with these little cars!

My questions, Why do some of them have a cup pack and other have 'both' cup packs? Whats the difference between cup, both cups and the standard variations? And how many have recaros, were they optional extra like the 197's?

Thanks for you help in trying to answer my questions! :thumbup1:

Don't think you could spec recaros in the mk2 clios, if you've seen any they are custom fitted from the megane 225 ( fantastic seats IMO better than the 197s recaros ).

Can't help with cup packs, a question better asked on cliosport. All I know is anthracite alloys means it's got one or the other, or both lol!

I had a 182 a few years back. Loved it, hense got a 197 a few years later.

Recaros - only came in the Trophy as far as I'm aware - so 500 of these were made, it's a common mod though to have them fitted.

As for cup packs, theres 2 or 3 I forget,

I think 1 is the anthracite alloys, another is the spoiler - you can get 3 sizes non cup which is hardly noticeable, cup which is a decent size and I'd want and the trophy which is huge.

You can get a cup splitter, which is pretty damn rare - most 182 you'll find will have no splitter - a skoda fabia one for about a tenner fits well. I had a ktec carbon one which i broke :worried:

I had a 182 a few years back. Loved it, hense got a 197 a few years later.

Recaros - only came in the Trophy as far as I'm aware - so 500 of these were made, it's a common mod though to have them fitted.

As for cup packs, theres 2 or 3 I forget,

I think 1 is the anthracite alloys, another is the spoiler - you can get 3 sizes non cup which is hardly noticeable, cup which is a decent size and I'd want and the trophy which is huge.

You can get a cup splitter, which is pretty damn rare - most 182 you'll find will have no splitter - a skoda fabia one for about a tenner fits well. I had a ktec carbon one which i broke :worried:

Thanks for the help, all this cup pack stuff is confusing! haha

I'd go for a cup packed FF over a cup.

The 182 cups were even more basic than the 197 cups. As well as air con there were basicly 1.2 seats in, awful interior. All for weight saving but still

Don't think you could spec recaros in the mk2 clios, if you've seen any they are custom fitted from the megane 225 ( fantastic seats IMO better than the 197s recaros ).

Can't help with cup packs, a question better asked on cliosport. All I know is anthracite alloys means it's got one or the other, or both lol!

You could spec the Recaros, just not a lot of people did. Good cars, cheap and cheerful and good bang for buck!

Recaros were a option later, and the cup packs,
Spoiler cup pack is enlarged rear spoiler and front lip spoiler,
Cup suspension pack was stiffer springs dampers and anthracite alloys.

If it hasn't got a front lip spoiler then pop down to your local skoda dealer and get a fabia splitter, £15 instead of the renault one which coast £115,

The Trophy suspension alone is worth the price tag. Unfortunately they require frequent, expensive rebuilds so most owners have opted for coilovers instead by now. Kind of defies the point of having a trophy if you ask me, besides the awesomely amazing spoiler!

Couldnt disagree more. The point of bucket seats in a Renaultsport is to hold you firmly in the seats. The Trendlines are woeful at this, though they do tart the 182 interior up nicely.

Ive raped many a trophy on track with lowering springs, camber bolts and same type of tyre options, cost me a heck of a lot less than a trophy with its fancy suspension

And the Recaros do hold you in? Anyone who disagrees is either largely obesse to fit them properly or has had to resort to harnesses like myself, they are a road seat straight up.

Ive raped many a trophy on track with lowering springs, camber bolts and same type of tyre options, cost me a heck of a lot less than a trophy with its fancy suspension

Thats not the final word on the matter though, i've beaten many a car i shouldnt have on track and many a car that shouldnt have beaten me have!

Thats not the final word on the matter though, i've beaten many a car i shouldnt have on track and many a car that shouldnt have beaten me have!

Very true, but I didnt find the trophys holding the cornering speed anywhere near as well as I would have expected them to with their fancy la de da suspension

And the Recaros do hold you in? Anyone who disagrees is either largely obesse to fit them properly or has had to resort to harnesses like myself, they are a road seat straight up.

With the aid of a seatbelt, its sufficient to hold me in the CS. Maybe I just dont drive as fast as you eh.

The Tendlines which you claim to be a better seat imo arent a patch on the CS'.

Ha, you pair should try the R26 recaros in leather.....

That'll give you both something to laugh about, I think the arm rest held me in place better at donnington than the seats did

Ha, you pair should try the R26 recaros in leather.....

That'll give you both something to laugh about, I think the arm rest held me in place better at donnington than the seats did

Lol. Leather aint gonna help the matter.

I think the Trendlines share some similarities with the Corsa VXR Recaros tbh. More for looks as opposed to serving the purpose of keeping you in.