Teesside Clio 200 owner

Hello chaps,

Just came back to the Clio fold from owning a 172 2003-05. In between had a4 cabriolet, Megane r26, and a 1.6 ford focus 'sport' (don't ask!). Just bought GW Clio 200 and hoping there's more renaultsport related info on here as opposed to pimped 1.2's!!

Welcome! These cars are awesome! I had a 197 cup and sold it for an R26. I deeply regret what I did. Hoping to get back in a 197/200 shortly.

cheers simon. i posted on 'another clio forum' the things i prefered about my new clio to my r26 (and vice-versa) and nobody on there seemed to agree! saying that, i only got to do about 100 miles in the clio before i had to garage it up and come away to work for 3 weeks...

The Meg is very fast but its the way the power is delivered which is key for me. You have to work for it in the Clio which is all part of the fun. I love the noise/changing gear regularly, which you get with N/A cars. Take these cars on a twisty road and its the feel good factor all day long. Look out for a few White ones in the North East. On here there is at least three local, Hodge, Henderson and Smoggy Mark.

i totally agree with all you said about the megane/clio there. and to be honest, apart from the fact it accelerated fairly rapid, i never really enjoyed driving the r26 the way i used to enjoy driving my old 172. i despised the boeing 747 handbrake too... i'm looking fwd to getting home (getting my anthracite wheels into romax for black powder coating) and getting to know the clio a bit better. i think it looks and sound a lot nicer than the megane already.

Nothing wrong with "chavvy **** stickers" as you call them. :wink:

horses for courses mate. you like/i dont like. thats what makes the world go around! ;-)

i bought my megane 6 months old, if i had bought it new, i would have def. un-spec'd the stickers!! i feel even stronger about cup spoilers!!!

horses for courses mate. you like/i dont like. thats what makes the world go around! ;-)

i bought my megane 6 months old, if i had bought it new, i would have def. un-spec'd the stickers!! i feel even stronger about cup spoilers!!!

Lol, you'll get on well here then as there is always a healthy debate about the cup spoiler.

I have only heard good things about them from everyone. I originally wanted the black wheels but the ex demo I bought had anthracite. I half thought about getting them done, but having scrubbed the offside front along the kerb on the 2nd day I had it, it made my mind up for me!

Welcome to the club mate you will get some great info on here.

think ive seen a few GW200 in teesside but are not on here,where in teesside are you from?you will have to come on our run outs and get the best out of your 200 the last run out Henderson and me done was epic the twistys were great.

or and Fernandez's stickers are mint he even has the pants to go with them if i can remember right:rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions