Tail pipes on 197

Em 8023

Gold Member
Now I thought they were just for show but the exhaust is making a racket now , I'm scared it's going to cause damage they are put on with exhaust clap is the noise just vibrating onto the diffuser or what ? Also is there a chance they could melt my diffuser ? 7cdad313a77113871566b2c3ec97ba95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends.try to take the diffuser off and remove the tail pipes.the hot fumes can melt your diffuser.it happened to me that's why I fitted mine..

Check the clamps are tight and they are hanging clear of the diffuser. Yes they can melt it.

Ok thanks , it seams to have gone quite on its own now they don't feel loose but maybe I should take it to the garage and get them to check them on ramp or something cause I don't have a clue how to pull of the diffuser my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A visual check of where your tailpipe clamps will take you 1 minute, you can add the tailpipes without removing the diffuser so a quick check of these before removing the diffuser would be wise. Check they arent touching the diffuser and they are clamped up tight, may need the clamps rotating so they dont touch.