Milltek tailpipes

Hi everyone,

Is it possible that the Milltek system would melt the diffuser (possibly from the tailpipes extending out of it)?

Many thanks.

yes it does - did one at the weekend - had to cut and modify the outlets from the diffuser - basically make them bigger !!

Cheers fox.

Has anybody else experienced this melting?

From my understanding, if the brace bar is not installed correctly (to hold the rear silencers in position along with the hanging brackets) the system may not sit in the valance apertures correctly.

Thanks.

ive got a miltek but got different tips on mine.
not melted yet and been on 2 years.

I've got a Miltek on - don't have any problems concerning the melting problem. It just needs to be aligned properly.

yes it does - did one at the weekend - had to cut and modify the outlets from the diffuser - basically make them bigger !!

Thanks again for that Si :thumbup:

You have also cured the knocking sound i was getting when going over bumps!

Im hopefully getting my centre section swapped out tomorrow for another one from milltek so ill keep you updated! (renault think thats what the problem was, the baffles)

I know i caught up with you a bit at Cars in the park but for anyone reading this in the future yes it seems too have done the trick.

And now there is barely any flat spot at all from 2k-3k.

Feels like a completely different car now much more responsive and a hell of alot quieter!