Swirls removal

my rs200 is 09/10 and i bought it last year in 11 month from the first owner.
the car is black and now i noticed some swirls just on the bonnet...is it possible to get them on a year and a half old car?
i never use automatic car washes, i use miniwash, shampoo, wax, wipe off with sonax chamois and finish with a sonax microfibre cloth.
i decided to clay the car with megs clay detailing system and then get some megs carnauba wax. will this be enough to minimise the swirls on the bonnet?

thanks!

Depends how bad the swirls are mate. May be able to get some minor swirls out, but for removing totally would need a machine polish. Can do yourself but for amazing results get it done by a professional. RussZS on here is quality, don't know what he charges though

Swirls are a b!tch, especially on black or dark-coloured cars.

Using a DA will reduce them greatly and using a Rotary will reduce them even more but I wouldn't reccomend using a Rotary unless you really know what you're doing with one. I use Sonus stuff, they do a four-part polish (SFX1, SFX2, SFX3, SFX4) and each stage takes a little bit more out of the swirls. For anything I can't get out, I fill in using Poorboys Blackhole, it's fantastic stuff.

A good coating of wax or a sealant will help prevent getting any more, but it's impossible to completely prevent swirls unfortunately.

Depends how bad the swirls are mate. May be able to get some minor swirls out, but for removing totally would need a machine polish. Can do yourself but for amazing results get it done by a professional. RussZS on here is quality, don't know what he charges though
Seconded - Russ' work always looks mezzing. If you can, I'd get it to him, or someone of his quality. :smile:

As above you can hire in a pro, but Its not cheap. A lot of them (RussZS definitely included) are VERY good at what they do, so the decision is what's it worth to you to have the paint in perfect condition?

Also as willis said PB's Blackhole is good at hiding them but does wear off.

For the price of using a pro you can buy a DA or cheap rotary, all they gear you need and have years of low swirl mortoring.

You can't stop swirls totally but using stuff like snow foam, gritgards, 2 buckets and good wax goes a long way to reducing them.

You mentioned the age of the car, well that means nothing, most dealers clean the new cars with a brush or dirty sponge etc. The best thing to do to avoid swirls is tell the dealer not to clean it EVER!!!

Thats what I did and even though its a little odd picking up a brand new car that's dirty, its definitely the way to go.

Last edited: