Supercharged RS200 underway :D

Because the bolt on kits are an affordable way to get more poke out of your car if you dot have alot of expendable income.

you see. its just not feasible is it. tried and tested as I said sean. u ran it twice on cast. now u move to forged. its like a learning curve thats all.

And Foxy thanks for agreeing. dont like to sound like i chat a load of poo lol

you see. its just not feasible is it. tried and tested as I said sean. u ran it twice on cast. now u move to forged. its like a learning curve thats all.

And Foxy thanks for agreeing. dont like to sound like i chat a load of poo lol

well lets think about it for a moment - what is the 197 fr4 made for....revs !!

so your going to fit light pistons and rods because as we all know if there to heavy it aint gunna rev well - then theres the piston cooling your not going to need as much oil spray under them as you would on a turbo engine - so just bolting on a blower is.....asking for trouble!

i dont see the point in doing half a job, i never had thats why my cars have been modded no expenses spared.

my point there was thats not how all people see it. so when they have bother with there cars offer help not just shoot them down.

i think my point was over looked looking some of the responses.

not to worry

not just shooting em down at all. its just advice mate. dont want ppl to go "bolting on" a supercharger without knowing what they are up against.

Plenty of work going on wit hthe mapping of this, for people who say the std ecu wont run a supercharger, it will. No problems with loading a map, or keeping it on there either.

We are having to put alot of time into the maps to make sure its 100% for customers, also we want to make sure its going to be reliable, similar to the other kits we do, we find you can run decent power thru them, its making sure the map is right that makes the difference, so far we have had no reliability issues either. we plan to release power figures at the end of this week, begining of next week.

Looking forward to the power results.

Out of interest and after reading the above posts have you done any strengthening on the engine? Forged rods, ARP bolts etc?

Plenty of work going on wit hthe mapping of this, for people who say the std ecu wont run a supercharger, it will. No problems with loading a map, or keeping it on there either.

We are having to put alot of time into the maps to make sure its 100% for customers, also we want to make sure its going to be reliable, similar to the other kits we do, we find you can run decent power thru them, its making sure the map is right that makes the difference, so far we have had no reliability issues either. we plan to release power figures at the end of this week, begining of next week.

Looking forward to the results matey, looks like i were right about the standard ecu afterall.

same question as benw to you jamie :smile:

massively looking forward to results, more photo's and information/details, and prices!! :smile:

stu

Sounds an interesting project.. you'd normally hole a piston by it detonating to death, usually caused by running lean or the ignition timing being off.

With a SC and intercooler the air coming in should be pretty cool, so as long as the pistons/con rods and crank can take the pressure then it should be OK. Without an intercooler it might get a bit toasty on a run!

It would need some SERIOUS testing though having seen what some of these poor RS 200's go through on you tube :smiley:

Rich