Subtle mods

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Hey guys, well when I had my gw 197 I had the RS front splitter put on along with the cup spoiler & RS tail pipe trims. Looked epic bar the exhaust trims, they were far too weedy looking.

So, I need your input/pics for the following I'm thinking of for the Ultra Red -

Boot spoiler (not cup spoiler)

Exhaust trims

springs for a nice drop without breaking my back!

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Visually the main suble mods;

20mm Spacers
LEDs (side lights, reg, internal)/Xenons
Chrome Indicators
Wheel Centre Caps (depending on alloys)
Debadging

:smile:

you want a sprint spoiler that ktec supply matey i reckon,think rogue and another member are trying to organise a group buy at the minute,

my sprint spoiler,

7900803350_7aea83887a_b.jpg
ready for bedford by scott1532, on Flickr

in that pic my car is also on 16mm spacers (nice and subtle) and 30/40 drop H&R springs,the springs are a tad harsher than standard cup springs so you might be better off going for eibach springs,iirc they drop the car slightly less but are progressive so not as harsh,

not sure on the exhaust trims as i like the stealth look at the rear but i know a fair few on here use some off ebay which are cheapish and look well

200 diffuser is an improvement for exhausts visually. Didn't state if your new ones a sexy 197 or a van like 200 :tongueout:

cheers guys, yes the sprint spoiler is deffo one Im after.

Rear diffuser from the 200 would be epic but its finding one!?

The linky no working :worried:

oh and 197 as they look better :smiley:

cheers guys, yes the sprint spoiler is deffo one Im after.

Rear diffuser from the 200 would be epic but its finding one!?

The linky no working :worried:

oh and 197 as they look better :smiley:

have a look at cazan racing in the traders section, he makes the clio 200 diffusers in carbon and gloss black ones also alot cheaper than dealers

sprint spoiler will look good then some eibach springs and top it of with a set of OZ ultraleggeras,demon tweeks are doing a good deal on them now:thumbsup:

Visually the main suble mods;

20mm Spacers
LEDs (side lights, reg, internal)/Xenons
Chrome Indicators
Wheel Centre Caps (depending on alloys)
Debadging

:smile:

Much change in the handling with spacers Crezzy?

Like the look but worried about the sacrificing of handling.

I haven't had it done matey. Doubt you'll see a difference on the road mate. Track wise steering might be a bit heavier, increasing understeer.

Oh my bad! Anyone else had it done?

Can always take off for track days I suppose

i'm running 16mm spacers mate and i never notice any difference in the handling what so ever after fitting,i've used my car on the track as well and all seems fine

i'm running 16mm spacers mate and i never notice any difference in the handling what so ever after fitting,i've used my car on the track as well and all seems fine

You running standard wheels? Do the 16mm spacers bring the wheels out flush to the arches?

You running standard wheels? Do the 16mm spacers bring the wheels out flush to the arches?

yeah standard speedlines,thats my car in the first page of this thread so you can kind of see from there

depends were you want the wheels flush mate,if you want the wheel flush with the top of the arch the problem is the wheel sticks out everywhere else and looks daft,i just wanted something subtle,personally think it looks just right

yeah standard speedlines,thats my car in the first page of this thread so you can kind of see from there

depends were you want the wheels flush mate,if you want the wheel flush with the top of the arch the problem is the wheel sticks out everywhere else and looks daft,i just wanted something subtle,personally think it looks just right

Thanks for that mate. I'd love to see a pic of yours looking down the side of the car from back to front if you get me.

Where is the cheapest place to order from? It's 5x108 with a 60.1 bore right? Do most people go for hubcentric spacers?

Do spacers look a bit poo on a standard height Cup suspension package?

I really dont want to lower mine because I read some reviews that said it gets a bit crashy...Don't want to shell out for Coilies....

Thanks for that mate. I'd love to see a pic of yours looking down the side of the car from back to front if you get me.

Where is the cheapest place to order from? It's 5x108 with a 60.1 bore right? Do most people go for hubcentric spacers?

PM sent

If you want the wheels to sit flush with the arch you will need 25mm spacers but having done this they do look a little ott but not much (standard cup ride height)

This is my car standard height with 25mm spacers. Day to day driving I never noticed any difference with the handling. The track might be a different story.

DSC_0163.jpg

Having just purchased some cup wheels and booked the car in for new springs its going to change a bit soon. As for subtle mods I think I have covered most of them. Projectors and HIDs, front vinyl, led lights all round and silvervisions, carbon tailpipe, removed the Clio, black Renault badges soon to be carbon. Hope that helps the OP, I know its not a 200 but it gives an idea. I would 100% go for the 200 diffuser and carbon tips of Fernandez of here.

It's all about the sprint spoiler

May I also recommend silvertec bulbs allround.