Stripped Coil Pack Thread, Helicoil

suj

Paid Member
So I've had an intermittent misfire, some days fine, some days rough, so reading many people said coil packs.

I ordered some and I fitted them today, all fine except for Cylinder 4 (left hand side, sharing with the Dephaser Solenoid).

When I was undoing it, it seemed a bit rough, not smooth.

Swapped all the coils, then when I did up cylinder 4, the thread as it got tighter (near tightening), it spun round and got loose again.... Ffs!

I've nipped it back to tight (before it gets loose again), and it stayed fine, but I need to sort it.

So I need to drill and Helicoil it, I'm off on holiday now, so l would like to order a Helicoil kit, does anyone know the size I need to order please?

Thanks in advance.

So I've had an intermittent misfire, some days fine, some days rough, so reading many people said coil packs.

I ordered some and I fitted them today, all fine except for Cylinder 4 (left hand side, sharing with the Dephaser Solenoid).

When I was undoing it, it seemed a bit rough, not smooth.

Swapped all the coils, then when I did up cylinder 4, the thread as it got tighter (near tightening), it spun round and got loose again.... Ffs!

I've nipped it back to tight (before it gets loose again), and it stayed fine, but I need to sort it.

So I need to drill and Helicoil it, I'm off on holiday now, so l would like to order a Helicoil kit, does anyone know the size I need to order please?

Thanks in advance.
You may not need a helicoil. See if you've got enough metal to tap a larger thread fora larger bolt

Reactions: suj
Thanks lads, does anyone know the size of bolt and thread / pitch I need please?

So I take it that this is common it stripping?

Thanks lads, I'll have a look when I get back from holiday, if anyone knows the standard length of the bolt please let me know, means I can then get a slightly longer one to start with.

PS the new coils have stopped the slight misfire I had at idle from my few runs so far :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben