Standard System blowing?

Jusy wanted abit of advice I think possibly my standard system is blowing I thought this for a little while but my friend asked the same last night which makes me think it is its more obviousstsrting on cold, I know the clios male more noise but its sounds to 'raspy' and once the engine warms up it almost dissappears but is still kinda there??? Is this common as the car is only 18months old from new, is this something the warranty would cover, I really haye my local dealership but I want to get it sorted if it is.

Thanks in advance

Mine's the same bro, and i think theres quite a few topics on it also.

When cold it sounds proper blowy, and pops/cracks on first few gearchanges

sounds normal but if in doubt see the dealers if its blowing it will blow whether its hot or cold

Mine makes a noise like it's blowing. It's been check out and all ok. I had a new clamp on it between pre cat and cat as this was knackered, but it's still the same. It's not the flexi's they look good as new.

I suspect I might have a hairline crack in the manifold or something. It's not getting any worse so I 'll leave it be!

Mine makes a noise like it's blowing. It's been check out and all ok. I had a new clamp on it between pre cat and cat as this was knackered, but it's still the same. It's not the flexi's they look good as new.

I suspect I might have a hairline crack in the manifold or something. It's not getting any worse so I 'll leave it be!

Least I know I aint the only one I think im gona have mine checked to be o the safe side

As mentioned, they all do that.

When warmed up it creates a better seal. If it's blowing when warm then it's broken.

As mentioned, they all do that.

When warmed up it creates a better seal. If it's blowing when warm then it's broken.

I always just put it down to the cold start up map & choke rather than sealing?

Because mine stops immediately after around a minute.

I always just put it down to the cold start up map & choke rather than sealing?

Because mine stops immediately after around a minute.

no "choke" just cold start fuelling....

most of the noise is the result of getting the cat up to temperature and minimal harmful emissions from the tailpipe

Reading this thread has put my mind at ease a little, as a few of you have experienced the same as me, seems quite blowy from cold and first 1 or 2 gear changes it pops, but then goes after about a minute or two of driving.

Yes mine is the same. More noticeable when it ticks over a little higher when cold. Mine does have a decat anyway so a little louder is suspect. I have purchased a new clamp for when/if I put the cat back in.

Mine has just started to do this as well do you guys feel the sound is coming from the front end of the system rather than the back?

just making sure im having the same issues as you and not something different im off to RS in Leeds tomorrow all the same for a check up.

Mine was blowing...turned out to be a rotten U clamp (I'm sure foxspeed will know what I'm on about) from the front of the system. Apparently they're a common clamp to fail after a while. Cost me less than a tenner to get fixed.