Standard exhaust system efficiency ?

Hi all
looking into purchasing a full exhaust system to replace the standard set up , looking at an akroprovic due to its almost pristine feedback. Thought I'd start a question on the efficiency of the standard system from the manifold all the way back to see where I could realistically scrape together any more horsepower eg (hi flow cat / ported inlets) and all that malarkey.
will be interesting to see any comparisons from users with up rated systems to the standard and any explanation to why it is more efficient in that area

Remove the Silencer, almost the same like the Akrapovic and with some mapping its more efficience than the Akrapovic

Remove the Silencer, almost the same like the Akrapovic and with some mapping its more efficience than the Akrapovic

If you mean with the money saved from not buying an Akrapovic and that you could spend it on remap, then yes. But like for like in terms of both having been mapped, then what evidence do you have that a standard system is more efficient than the Akra?!

Sorry question wasn't very clear , I don't think you can do any better than the akroprovic from what I have heard about it is what I mean , but I was just wondering if the standard system is restrictive at all and if so how much would the akro improve overall performance

From what I've always seen scattered around the forum, I was under the impression that the stock Clio air intake and exhaust was pretty good and there was little more power to be gained.

With an uprated panel filter and a remap, how much extra BHP could be gained by swapping to an aftermarket exhaust as well? +4 bhp? Obviously it sounds a whole lot better but I was lead to believe actual power gains were minimal?

The standard manifold on these looks pretty decent. You could have the first pre-cat removed but to do this the manifold would have to come off I believe, so by time you've messed about with that you might as well get a new manifold from KTEC or similar which should flow better than the standard one as well.

Exhaust wise not too sure, but the most restrictive part of the system is going to be the cats I would have thought. But weight is also a good point as said above, they reckon every 10kg in reduction is worth around 0.5-1bhp/ton. If you think about the difference in acceleration when you have 1-2 passengers in your car it's a noticeable difference. Might not save much with an exhaust but with N/A tuning every little thing helps.

977431_553182661390865_2058490238_o.jpg

Undoubtedly most of the gains come from ditching the main cat.
You could also gut the pre-cat for some further advantage or when you flexi's start blowing stick a ktec manifold on.