Squeeky brakes

I've had my 200 for about a month now, from day one it's brakes have been squeeking!! I thought it might just need a bit of driving to get rid of it but it hasnt gone, is this common on the brembos on the cup?
I shouldnt think it is?

it could be dust in there, also it only take a few days for rust to build up when not being used, could be this? wearing off.

EDIT: i would expect it from day one as the car may have been stood, causing build up of rust/dust, has it been every time you have driven the car? or just when you notice it?

I think most peoples squeel tbh... Mine do, just cba to sort it.

Think all that needs doing is cleaning up the calipers or something like that.

Its every time i take it out mate. If it gets a few minutes of spitited driving then it stops, soon as i slow down again after a few minutes its back again! I hate pulling up anywhere, I'm driving a 7 month old car not an old shed! :smile:

Its every time i take it out mate. If it gets a few minutes of spitited driving then it stops, soon as i slow down again after a few minutes its back again! I hate pulling up anywhere, I'm driving a 7 month old car not an old shed! :smile:

hahaa i know what you mean mate, mine does it too sometimes. But tbh i think the majority of them do it, could be either rust/dust build up or when the brakes are cold cause I find after a while when they are warmed up they are alright, although they don't squeak all the time, just the odd occasion.

its a brembo thing i thing ive copper greased mine up again and there still doing it, it dont affect the car ability to stop.

Yeah probably a brake pad thing. I test drove a Lotus Elise a while back and that had Brembo pads - that also squealed until they were warm.

Rich

Mine have done it from day one. Renault put loads of copper grease on them but they are still the same.
As long as they stop me when i want them to i dnont care really.

Mine squeeled after a month or so of pottering around, so I gave them some abuse in the form of rebedding them.

They still squeeled, then randomly stopped a month or so later.

Recently fitted some ds2500s which lack the anti squeek backing the oem pads have. Do these squeek?

No.

I love renaults :smile:

My rear brakes do it, not had it on the fronts yet. I've cleaned them up too. Oh well. I'll keep going. Lol!

I got sick of this and asked Fred@BTM to take a look at mine. One of the front pads was so tight in the calliper he couldnt even remove it without alot of work it was such a tight fit.

He grinded a couple of mm from the edge and refitted, i havent had a problem since.

I got sick of this and asked Fred@BTM to take a look at mine. One of the front pads was so tight in the calliper he couldnt even remove it without alot of work it was such a tight fit.

Odd one that, I'm sure Fred would of mentioned it but are you sure the calipers not seized?
With brand new pads it's quite tight but should still have room to move.