Squeek/rattle

My 197 has developed the most annoying squeek/rattle from the left side of the boot area.

It sounds like its from inside the car, and happens above 10mph when going over small and large bumps. I've tightened the boot latch as it used to knock. I've removed all the trim on the boot and around the boot window but it still does it!

I thought it could be the rear left light, so i check if it was rattling and tighten it but it still does it

Any suggestions of what i could try?

My 197 has developed the most annoying squeek/rattle from the left side of the boot area.

It sounds like its from inside the car, and happens above 10mph when going over small and large bumps. I've tightened the boot latch as it used to knock. I've removed all the trim on the boot and around the boot window but it still does it!

I thought it could be the rear left light, so i check if it was rattling and tighten it but it still does it

Any suggestions of what i could try?

Just a Renault mate, I wouldn't worry about it. Build quality!

i think it may be coming from behind the panel where the rear seat belt comes from and has the alarm sensor on

any ideas how i get that creamy panel off? Its got an airbag badge on it so bit cautious taking it off

thanks!

I'd still say boot catch.

I've actually had my gf drove me round whilst i was in the boot (LOL) start off with it shut, then open it (but keep it closed but not shut on the latch) then try. Its the only way to find out really! (just make sure no one sees ya:wink:)

i'll try anything at the moment

got a feeling it could be the passenger side rear light rubbing somewhere now

its the cream c-pillar panel in the corner just above the boot light. when i press hard against that it stops

Just got to find a way of stopping it without me holding it. Wierd how its started and the other side is ok