Speaker upgrade

Samuel

Paid Member
Looking to upgrade my standard Clio 197 car speakers to these pioneer upgrades, just a few questions before i go ahead with the purchase:

1) Will the sound be improved by a decent amount even though the headunit is still the standard one.

2) are they a straight swap, or do they need extra or different cabling to work properly.

3) would anyone recommend them having the same set up from experience.

4)Anyone selling any second hand?

Cheers Sam

TS-Q131C.jpg

Looking to upgrade my standard Clio 197 car speakers to these pioneer upgrades, just a few questions before i go ahead with the purchase:

1) Will the sound be improved by a decent amount even though the headunit is still the standard one.

2) are they a straight swap, or do they need extra or different cabling to work properly.

3) would anyone recommend them having the same set up from experience.

4)Anyone selling any second hand?

Cheers Sam

TS-Q131C.jpg

Yeah sound should be improved even without a new headunit. Naturally the new head unit will make the speakers sound better again due to the features it will contain but if you're not bothered about enhanced bass and loads of other features, you'll just notice it will sound clearer and will sound cleaner as you increase sound.

I bought some connectors that a just make it proper easy to fit new speakers got a couple spare cause they sent me to many

[MENTION=3909]Jesse James[/MENTION] was I right in saying in the other thread about this recently that the door cards don't need to come off to replace the speakers?

Yeah mate just unscrew and then put he connector in then screw new ones in. Snapped couple of the connectors off so they fit properly all good

Straight swap

No REAL difference tbh

Disagree.
I did the splits only and thought the sound improved significantly. Stereo used to distort at 11 on the volume scale with the stock splits, with the upgraded splits I could turn it up to 20 without distortion.
Still, the sound lacked depth so a full upgrade with amps and head unit is something to work towards.

My radio is happy to go well above 11 with an excellent sound with no mods, personally I wouldn't bother unless the original speakers were not working/damaged.

Ant you must not be an audiophile then, the standard sound in the cars is truly terrible. It's so empty and lifeless.

I did the full set of Pioneers in mine due to distortion and what I thought was a cone rattling in the back.

Much better sound quality at the higher levels and lol the rattle came from one of my sons toy cars in the rear door bin :smiley: