Upgraded speakers?

Hi everyone

I am looking to upgrade the 'standard' speakers.

Summary I want a better sound than the crappy standard speakers but I have a 1.5 year old little girl so not looking for something that is 10000W.

Anyone any suggestions?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301542701169?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

These were a great improvement for not too much money in mine.

I stuck a set in the front and a set in the rear.

You may need some adaptors too.....as the Renault wiring is....er.....unusual !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262378507567?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I presume they'll fit in yours too ?

Hiya when i done a search i seen this and the pioneer setup too.

I wonder if its worth just replacing front speakers or just do all 4 while im doing it?

Where they easy enough to do?

I recently upgraded to
Pioneer TS-Q131C 13cm Component 180W Kevlar Cone Speakers
in the front and
Pioneer TS-G1333i 13 cm 250 W 3 Way Coaxial Speaker System in the rear
Took me less than 30 minutes to fit all 4 fronts go straight in rears I bent two of the lugs over and used the above wire converters to save cutting the wires in the rears( the fronts plug straight in)
An improvement over the shite standard speakers but wont set the world on fire for sound quality

Personally I would upgrade the headunit first. The biggest bottleneck in the sound is the headunit. The standard speakers really arent that bad.

Some things to be aware of is that there are 2 types of speakers: coaxial and component.

The fronts in a clio should be component and the rears coaxial. If you install the coaxial ones in the front then you will end up with tweeters in both the dash and the door speakers.

The Pioneer ones linked above really arent that much better than standard. I ordered some years ago and the box they come in is extremely light. I sent it straight back.

The renault adapters Shuv linked are really good and will save a bit of messing about with crimping.

What works well in a clio is to install something like an underseat sub or dare i say it a boot sub. By having a sub means you can then tell the headunit not to output as much bass to the door speakers which as we all know is what causes them to distort and sound poor. The door speakers can go fairly loud when they arent outputting bass. You will also gain extra levels of depth to music that you would never hear on the standard set up.

Reactions: VolumeX and Micah