Spark plugs

Sorry as i know would of been covered before.

In Noddies "Buying Guide" it states that plugs only need changing at mileage (36k)

My car is going in for 3rd year service next month, K-tech and rentech are saying they need doing??

Can somebody please confirm if it is mileage only as i have only done 14500k

Thanks

take the spark plugs out to see what they like.

if it black or rust on it that mean replace.

if it silver & clean then don't need replace.

36k is the 3 year service.

Its 12k or 1 year (1st Service), 24k or 2 years (2nd Service), 36k or 3 years (3rd Service) etc etc. Which ever comes first.

on the renault service routine it only states spark plugs at 36k miles - theres no time on them

all i would say is if your car is low mileage (under 36k) but say 4-5yrs old i would change them (i did on mine)

thanks for comments, just looked at manual (with my eyes open this time) and it does state 36 and then underneath (60) so guess they mean 36months or 60k miles.

So i guess everybody is paying over £200 for 3rd year service?

on the renault service routine it only states spark plugs at 36k miles - theres no time on them

all i would say is if your car is low mileage (under 36k) but say 4-5yrs old i would change them (i did on mine)

Just spoke to a nice lady could Carol from Brianleighton garage, very helpfull.

She said what you said foxspeed 36k no timescale. Every 2years or 12k is service. I will get an intrim service this time then next year is brake fluid and coolant(dont like the idea of not changing oil for 2years!)

Thanks for your help people:thumbup1:

take the spark plugs out to see what they like.

if it black or rust on it that mean replace.

if it silver & clean then don't need replace.

Silly question(not a mechanic but willing to learn) where abouts are the spark plugs?

IMO 36k is too long. I changed mine at 34k and it was like driving a different car so they must have deteriorated a lot.

I'll do them again in another 20k.

Im on 14500m and do about 4-5k a year, so car would be nearly 8 years old! maybe i should change them when 5 years old? confused!! Do they affect the driving performance then? I thought they were just to start car? like i say by no means a mechanic lol

Mine is 5years old this month but only just ticking over 21k miles. Been advised that plugs don't need changing yet but I have no idea if they have been changed previously:-/
I'm with a few of the others on here though ad will change them anyway. better to be safe eh.

Silly question(not a mechanic but willing to learn) where abouts are the spark plugs?

top of the engine four of them - the coils are on top of them so there are four black cyrlindrical items down the centre of the top of the engine...
PA110012.jpg

Last edited:
Will get out there today and pretend i know what im doing ha, thanks for the pic.

So next qs is what are the best plugs for the clio as i have seen ones for £54 and ones for £10ish!? Didnt realise they affect the performance.

Similar Thread Suggestions