Spacers... Your opinions...

Hi all,
right okay I'm gonna open up a thread that appears to divide the masses. I have a clio 200 and on Wednesday will be ordering my H&R 30/40 suspension springs. Now the next question is shall I get spacers. I saw one today and asked the driver he said he was on 17" spacers. They looked amazing and he said it didn't affect his handing. However after a few minutes of online searches and 50% of people say it does and 50% say it doesn't affect the handling. I want your opinions guys... What shall I do?

get some spacers mate..ur wheels would look lost in the wheel arches without them on...
i sold mine cause they affected my handling a lot..didnt find 19mm spacers safe..thats why i think u should invest ur money into getting some wheels with better offset..no need for spacers and the overall handling will improve...

Spacers are a bad idea imo. They will effect handling.. And people who say it makes handling better is rubbish as they would have come with them from the factory if that was the case. If you're not fussed about handling go for it but personally id just get wider wheels.

Or get wide wheels and 19mm spacers like me I love how wide my clio is and personally I think it handles fine feels just as good as my track car ......... Just my opinion

Mine was fitted with H&R 30/40 springs, ktec's 19mm spacers, and size 225/45/17 tires and it touches but recently changed to 215 tires and its all fine now.

Hi, I have a 200 cup, with the cook sport lowering springs fitted and 19mm spacers, I only use my car on week ends when i give it rock all over the north yorkshire moors or on the Heartside roads. I can safely say i haven't seen or felt any difference in the driving of the car. It does look a lot better for them.

If you can afford to upgrade your wheels I'd do that, but spacers in my opinion don't affect the car in a negative way.

This will go on, and on, it's down to your personal feelings at the end of the day.