spacers, opinions please

what size spacers does everyone think are best? i was thinking 16mm front 20mm back, what does every else think?

I've got 16mm all round and I think the back could be slightly further out. 16/20 F/R sounds perfect to me

As I haven't got my clio yet I'm not sure whether they have screw in bolts or nuts onto studs, could someone confirm?

Is anything else required when fitting spacers?

Standard wheels use bolts and the hubs are threaded, rather than studded.

Spacers thinner than 25mm have holes in them for longer wheel bolts to pass through

25mm spacers and thicker bolt to the hub using new bolts and the wheels bolt to the spacer using the original bolts

I had them and imo were the biggest waste of money ever. Made the car super nervous under braking. If your car is 'driven', I'd steer clear personally.

I had the 25mm spacers all round and my car was 'driven' pretty hard and and it made no difference IMO to the braking or handling of the car. It make the car look awesome!

You should be able to feel a difference with an extra 50mm if track fella, weather good ir bad. Mine were 16mm and for me were utter toss lol

You should be able to feel a difference with an extra 50mm if track fella, weather good or bad. Mine were 16mm and for me were utter toss lol

In my experience messing with offset, especially on a well setup car, is seldom beneficial to handling.

This is in part confirmed by a number of people on here having bought spacers then put them up for sale not long after fitting them.

I don't deny that a wider track looks good, but making such changes usually comes at a price.

That said, altering the rear axle should have a much smaller impact than altering the front where there are steering angles, etc. I know my Puma was very sensitive to changes in offset at the front, but changes at the back made no apparent dynamic difference.

I didn't notice any difference in handling with the spacers on, I rarely drive the clio hard though.

Also, you never hear of anyone complaining about the ride on OZ superlegera's etc. which are have a bigger offset than standard wheels. And, clio cup cars have a bigger offset too

I think the Cup cars are still ET68. Plus, playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, who is going to complain when they have just spent £600+ on wheels? It would potentially make them look foolish.

I know, there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer but for some reason I thought someone was selling some cup wheels recently, either on here, RS, or eBay, and they stated 8x17 ET68.

You need M14x1.5 thread with a 19mm hex head and taper seat. I think thread length on the standard bolts is 25mm (Best check that first) which means you would need 45mm bolts