Sort of good news!?

Nashy

Platinum Member
Just had a phone call my car has arrived in the uk! Was told it was going to be September the 15th! That's the good news but now it won't be the new reg!! He said it could be in my hands by next week!! Butterflys in the belly now can't wait.

Nashy

Are you buying it or is it a PCP? I'd say it doesn't really matter on the latter, but hold out or take a bit of a 'deal' to take it early.

The cynic in me thinks they've found a cancelled order that matches your spec and they're after meeting end of quarter targets???

Yeah that's the first thing that come to my mind! I'm not too fussed really it will be going bk in 3yrs so won't lose out that much! I could not stand it sitting there a month knowing it's right there! How would I know if it's a cancelled order?

Nashy

What a dillemmer! I think I'd wait, I think it's great when you are one of the first to have the new reg! I picked my last Clio up when the 56 plates had only been out a couple of weeks! So it looked new for nearly 6 months! Although, because it's not your car it doesn't really matter as much for resale value etc. Sorry, I bet I haven't helped one bit! Lol! Go with your gut feeling.

Great news mate!

This gives me hope, my email about leaving the factory came on the 26th but said the car wasn't due until the 20th of September. My dealer reckons it should get to the UK soon though and then RUK can bring it forward so it can be at the dealers before September, which I hope happens! I'm still going to wait for a 60 plate though. :zomg:

Out of interest, when did you get the note to say it had left the factory?

Yes I'm gonna get it now bugger it!! I just had the phone call this afternoon saying it had arrived in the uk!!

Still think you should wait, on a PCP it is more important as it is potentially the difference between having a contribution towards the deposit for your next car, and not having any deposit for the next one. Plus your p/x price will be based on September trade-in, so you are the only one loosing out by getting it early.

^^ that's a very good point, if you've any intention of keeping it/using it as a trade in then you stand to lose money.

Has anyone with a PCP ever got more than the GFV, due to it being an 'in demand' car???

Anyone with a PCP maturing between late 2008 and late 2009 will probably have had no equity, due to the plummeting used car market during that period, this will have led the finco's to be more cautious with their MGFV's, which combined with an improved used car market should improve the likelihood of equity, particularly in the current relatively bouyant market.

Ah mine was delayed from start of august to the 15th of september, think i want to wait as said for the 60 plate even though i have no car!

Tbh there won't be much difference when I come to sell it as it's well spec'd up!! Can't wait next wk could be driving the beast!!!

Nashy

Just had the phone call picking the new red beast up on fri I'll get some pics asap!!

Nashy

i'd say wait till september 1st, could be looking at £500 difference in a future trade in price just because of 10/60 reg plate swap. The dealership shouldnt have many new cars going out this month, however if they want to put it out early look for something in return. It will not benefit you collecting early.

Personally i would wait to be one of the first "new" plates, that nobody has/will mistake for being a "50 odd" plate, also it'll help value.

Its such an awesome plate! Whats the point giving it up for the sake of one month? :worried: