Some small'ish engine mods for now...

V6 Airbox....
Matched inlets....

Booked in for mate steve to put battery in boot. Gonna retrim battery cover to match carpet.
V6 airbox to be fitted. Want to explore getting more air into airbox. What do the Renaultsport do with the R3 maxi on this? Found one pic, airbox sits straighter and much lower than I've seen on here. I guess with it being stripped out, there are no restrictions in the way. I'm guessing the feed is taken from drivers lamp on front spolier.

I 'm going to remove battery holder and actually fit the OEM v6 airbox one. Want to try to get the airbox to look as OEM as possible?

Any pics of R3 maxi engine bay please....

Last edited:
Good stuff getting the V6 airbox - it is always a good start. Is there no way of running a feed in from the passenger top grill to it if you are moving everything out of the way or is it just the battery you are moving?

Might as well get it mapped mate, you wont see much otherwise, see much better benefits then! Is there much point mate if your changing the engine completely lol!? Or have you just got the bug to do something lol :wink:

Good stuff getting the V6 airbox - it is always a good start. Is there no way of running a feed in from the passenger top grill to it if you are moving everything out of the way or is it just the battery you are moving?

Heres the link. http://www.renaultsport.si/media/Predstavitvena_brosura_En.pdf

If you look at page 12, theres the only picture I can find of the Cup engine bay. Intake sits lower and engine bay may be cleaner as Renaultsport have removed most of the items it doesnt need. Don't think you could feed any tube in through the top to top grill, but that would depend on how you positioned the intake.....Not the best picture but want to try and keep it as OEM as possible. Thats why I'm going to remove original battery tray and replace it with this.

I still need to work out what to do with fusebox and although its a lot of work for little gain, its nice to do things a little different at times....

Last edited:
You can run a feed from the wheel arch liner. I wouldn't connect it to the airbox though, keep it a couple of inches away from the opening.

You can run a feed from the wheel arch liner. I wouldn't connect it to the airbox though, keep it a couple of inches away from the opening.

Wouldn't that potential through all kinds of stuff into the air intake?

Might as well get it mapped mate, you wont see much otherwise, see much better benefits then! Is there much point mate if your changing the engine completely lol!? Or have you just got the bug to do something lol :wink:

Still the plan to fit R26 engine but could be tmw or a year away depending on finding donor car. I guess its a itch to scratch. What I find interesting is how they make a healthy 205bhp from airbox and clever ecu. I'm looking for torque and driveability, not just power. If you can get those two things right, you on the right track than a 300bhp car that doesnt deliver the power in the right way or unbalances the car.

Still the plan to fit R26 engine but could be tmw or a year away depending on finding donor car. I guess its a itch to scratch. What I find interesting is how they make a healthy 205bhp from airbox and clever ecu. I'm looking for torque and driveability, not just power. If you can get those two things right, you on the right track than a 300bhp car that doesnt deliver the power in the right way or unbalances the car.

airbox, different ecu, different plenum and larger+cable throttle body

power = torque x revs :thumbup1:

Just read that cup racer doesn't run with wing liners so thats why there are no problems getting air into airbox. Any ideas how I can get air into it?