SO I need some better air flow to my filter

Think that the hole is big enough for the intake as the air will be really forced into the intake the faster you drive. The flow of the air will be far better than the std one.

What type of air-filter are you gonna run? The pipe from the bonnet to the t/b will probably bend only once now?

Iuse an ITG LRAB 65 airbox set up!! Will move to the AB65!

I was thinking about doing the same thing and having the air vent done in carbon (styling). :thumbup:

Carbon one is here

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-NACA-Duct-75mm__CMNACA7501.aspx

Your car will be amazing! :thumbup::001_wub:

see, now that would force more air than a little slit. if you think about the volume of air that can flow through something thats 10cms wide, but only 1cm deep its 10cms squared or whatever lol, now the volume of a 10cm wide circle is 78cms so that shows the difference.

Sorry mate, its my fault, thats the type of vent I was going to use anyway, see the link above!! You were thinking of the traditional NACA which is a little slit!!

Hi Kevo66
I am watching with interest as I ordered a CF bonnet (saves cutting original) and was wondering about which bonnet vent to use. Does engine need to be re-mapped/tuned with all that air going inwards ?
Keep up the great work for us followers !!
(I have ITG and a Red Top battery too!)

Hi Kevo66
I am watching with interest as I ordered a CF bonnet (saves cutting original) and was wondering about which bonnet vent to use. Does engine need to be re-mapped/tuned with all that air going inwards ?
Keep up the great work for us followers !!
(I have ITG and a Red Top battery too!)

Cool mate, how have you fitted it all?

I would remap it yeah, make the most of the extra air!!

blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah lololololol jokin' good idea, u always think out of the box!

Hi Kevo66, CF bonnet should be here tomorrow (cant wait!) and am hanging off red top install and scoop/vent choice until I can see the bonnet in place and understand where I can cut etc. WIll keep you posted as soon as I know more. 2 young kids, busy at work and dark evenings not helping my progress !
Where is best place for remap ?

Hi Kevo66, CF bonnet should be here tomorrow (cant wait!) and am hanging off red top install and scoop/vent choice until I can see the bonnet in place and understand where I can cut etc. WIll keep you posted as soon as I know more. 2 young kids, busy at work and dark evenings not helping my progress !
Where is best place for remap ?

TBH mate I would try the RStuner that people rave about!!! Seems to have alot of rave reviews!!

brave man cutting through a carbon bonnet lol.

i imagine its got a fibreglass underside, so make sure you get a sharp blade or it will split!

Similar Thread Suggestions