SO I need some better air flow to my filter

Im not felling my arch feed anymore TBH so....

A NACA duct will be used, as below!!

carphoto2409907.jpg

cant wait to see this iv been thinking about where feed can go from all week and the only place i can really think of is through the bonnet . your very brave mate !!!

I'm suprised Ren don't do this sort of thing as standard....the current airbox position is very restrictive and I've always though that a bonnet feed is the answer......

Aye, I have a spoon air vent but I dont think it will look right cut into the bonnet!!

Only issue I have for this is getting the hose to locate when the bonnet is opened and closed!!

same diameter but not same volume surely as its just a little letter box slit isnt it? could be wrong

Hmm, I think I get you mate, but thats all the airbox is drawing from now is the same aperture, it can only draw from the ducting cant it?? At least this way the air is getting really forced into it :wink:

Think that the hole is big enough for the intake as the air will be really forced into the intake the faster you drive. The flow of the air will be far better than the std one.

What type of air-filter are you gonna run? The pipe from the bonnet to the t/b will probably bend only once now?

I was thinking about doing the same thing and having the air vent done in carbon (styling). :thumbup:

Your car will be amazing! :thumbup::001_wub:

see, now that would force more air than a little slit. if you think about the volume of air that can flow through something thats 10cms wide, but only 1cm deep its 10cms squared or whatever lol, now the volume of a 10cm wide circle is 78cms so that shows the difference.

Similar Thread Suggestions