Slight bump on tyre

Was washing my car today and noticed a slightly raised bit on the side of one of my Hankook's. It's like 2cm x 1cm and ever so sligtly raised, I only noticed it infact because I was putting tyre shine on. They've only been on the car for a month so I'm pretty annoyed if this is something terminal. Is this the case?
If so Camskill shall be getting an email asking for a new one because I'm not having that!!

Cheers

hard call over the internet and no pictures

but could be a fault in the tyre side wall or damage sustained from a pothole/kerb

you do sometimes get a slight difference on side walls when the tyre is built and the construction plies overlap slightly and this can look like a "lump"

I'll get a picture up tomorrow if I get a chance. It really is such a slight bump, like a raised air bubble. So I'm not sure if it will even show up on a photo but I'll try tomorrow! Thanks for the quick response!

If the sidewall is scuffed where the bump is I would get them changed asap, that would be caused by a brush with a pothole or a kerb as Si says.

You are right though, if its a fault in construction I would be asking for another to be fitted - the last thing you want is a blow out!

Doesnt sound good, you might be best off popping into somewhere like, dare i say it, Kwik Fit and somewhere else, get a couple of opinions on it then take it from there :smile:

Pictures as requested. The scuff on the alloy is from a long time before the tyres were fitted to the car.

0c3976c9.jpg

03f2d614.jpg

Personally I wouldn't be happy driving around with that on the car but then I am a little OCD at times. If you do keep it on put it on the rear - a lot less weight and less chance of anything bad happening.

Thanks for the help guys! Na I'm not happy with it, luckily I have a spare so I'm putting that on later and I've contacted Camskill who are going to take it away to see if it is a faulty tyre.... most annoying.