Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Big week for "Blue Thunder" coming up......

So today i treated her to an exterior clean:

P1030909_zpsiwe7xook.jpg

First thing Monday is some open heart surgery in the form of cambelt, dephaser, cam seals, aux belt, water-pump etc etc and this is quickly followed by some more cosmetic surgery Tuesday: (Exhaust being tinkered with) and the steering wheel fitted by day, along with some interior Tangoing by night....hopefully all the bits will be here by then :smile:

P1030910_zpspjqkcqaw.jpg

Then if i can find a couple of hours to visit a shop this week - i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy this drivers seat. Cant decide on Black:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141437059866?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Or Grey:

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...mM9VglJJh_2vmB9Gl6cpeSUR1IPQL_ZxiOhoCwBnw_wcB

***Thoughts anyone ????? - standard interior is kinda halfway between these these although closer to grey i guess).

Will have a cover on anyway for work. Fugg-it. Think i'll just go black. Or......

bloody hell..a very busy week ahead of your baby..im sure all goes well and she wont bleed a lot..a big job happening in your engine bay..how much are you looking at??

looks like tango team is a go..looks very orange :thumb:
nice going with them seats..is it just the driver seat you are getting??like both but the darker shade may be the way to go..

Reactions: sevenfourate
bloody hell..a very busy week ahead of your baby..im sure all goes well and she wont bleed a lot..a big job happening in your engine bay..how much are you looking at??

looks like tango team is a go..looks very orange :thumb:
nice going with them seats..is it just the driver seat you are getting??like both but the darker shade may be the way to go..

I've already bought the cam belt kit last month (Trying to spread the cost !) - so i "just" have to pay for fitting Pav. I'm guessing £200-300 ?

I've carried a passenger like twice in 6 months. So not alot of point buying a seat for that. Its got a cover on too - so no point even for show as such....

Darker looking seat is favourite in colour though i agree...... :smile:

yeah same here..i've removed my rear seats completely as they dont get used at all..good choice of the seats..like them..
fingers crossed all goes sound next week!!

Wheel and mats look great, can't wait to see them in. Seat wise I would have though the black a closer match but I'm not familiar with the standard trim as the Gordini has a charcoal interior. The grey cobra looks quite light to me...

Wheel and mats look great, can't wait to see them in. Seat wise I would have though the black a closer match but I'm not familiar with the standard trim as the Gordini has a charcoal interior. The grey cobra looks quite light to me...

I spent alot of time scouring the interweb for a colour co-ordinated Air freshener.....and my efforts have gone totally unnoticed :smile:

I think your both right though. If the butt fits - Black seat it is !

Cheers guys.

I spent alot of time scouring the interweb for a colour co-ordinated Air freshener.....and my efforts have gone totally unnoticed :smile:

I think your both right though. If the butt fits - Black seat it is !

Cheers guys.
Sorry mate it sort of camouflaged itself in to the pic. Like the username stickers too :smile:

The car looks great all scrubbed up, as always Syer! Lovely colour :hearteyes:

Hope the cambelt work goes smoothly - I've got this due next year...important time for our loved ones :smiley:

I would go with the majority so far and say the darker seat would be the better match - the grey one seems a little too light?? Loving the orange theme, and also looking forward to the photos once it is all in place. Incl the air freshener of course :wink: if you're gonna do it, do it properly :smiley:

Timing belt change is of course a 'must'. Far easier than the pain. cost, time and effort of bent valves etc if it fails. Still about as exciting as buying a new washing machine though Jimmy......

All i can suggest - is spread the cost Jimmy. Buy a kit like i did when you have some dough....and then 'just' pay for fitting later.

Reactions: Jimmy
Very true, and I'm certainly not upset about having to get it done. It will be huge peace of mind when it's done!

Yeah the financial plan is well in place! I have a big spending spree coming up next year, so making inroads now...