Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I like the black apart from you can't see the wheel design. I think the orange is a bit loud but I'm not really a fan of bright coloured wheels.
Either way whatever choice you make I'm sure it'll be the right one, you haven't disappointed yet!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
I like the black apart from you can't see the wheel design. I think the orange is a bit loud but I'm not really a fan of bright coloured wheels.
Either way whatever choice you make I'm sure it'll be the right one, you haven't disappointed yet!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Cheers bud.

The wheels as they are - always appear more of a ‘black hole’ in photos than in reality. In the real World....even from a distance it’s easy to see their form.

TBH: I thought the Orange would instantly grab me and I’d be booking them in immediately. Not completely feeling it so far though....

Just as well my good buddy Mes did a mock up perhaps !

Reactions: ///M
Cheers bud.

The wheels as they are - always appear more of a ‘black hole’ in photos than in reality. In the real World....even from a distance it’s easy to see their form.

TBH: I thought the Orange would instantly grab me and I’d be booking them in immediately. Not completely feeling it so far though....

Just as well my good buddy Mes did a mock up perhaps !

Does this mean you're backing out of the promise to go orange if I go red? I do think black wheels get list in the arches & I've never been a fan of them. I do think red works well with my decals as orange would work well with the orange touches in your interior. So many Clios have black speedlines it's become a little boring! However I do appreciate that resale values on wheels can be an issue, though maybe less so if fitted to the car. Sometimes I think we should say "hang the consequences" & just do stuff. It makes the world a more interesting place. I really think I'm going down the red route next year. I'm starting to have ideas for bringing the red touches into the interior too. Jeepers! This modifying thing starts to get under your skin. Never been much into modifying my cars apart from a (really) fruity exhaust on an MGB GT I had in the '80s. I buy a Clio 200 which is possibly one of the best sorted cars "out of the box" & start modifying!

Take a punt on the orange Shuv, you can always repaint them if you don't think it works.

Does this mean you're backing out of the promise to go orange if I go red? I do think black wheels get list in the arches & I've never been a fan of them. I do think red works well with my decals as orange would work well with the orange touches in your interior. So many Clios have black speedlines it's become a little boring! However I do appreciate that resale values on wheels can be an issue, though maybe less so if fitted to the car. Sometimes I think we should say "hang the consequences" & just do stuff. It makes the world a more interesting place. I really think I'm going down the red route next year. I'm starting to have ideas for bringing the red touches into the interior too. Jeepers! This modifying thing starts to get under your skin. Never been much into modifying my cars apart from a (really) fruity exhaust on an MGB GT I had in the '80s. I buy a Clio 200 which is possibly one of the best sorted cars "out of the box" & start modifying!

Take a punt on the orange Shuv, you can always repaint them if you don't think it works.

I agree with all you say John. And I won’t welch on a deal. You havnt gone Red yet though - so I’ve plenty of time :smile:

Good for you for planning on bringing some more red out though. Maybe I need to just grow a pair ! What other ideas have you been thinking of ref your interior ?

On a more serious note: I do love Speedlines visually and they are sought-after (We’re twins with this thinking)...so if I did go Orange, going back to Black and retaining the Speedlines either way makes sense.

It would be easier and cheaper to sell these wheels and buy some Orange Autecs etc. But as much as I have a love / hate relationship with them I’m not sure I could part with them if push came to crunch.

And then there’s the whole 2 sets thing. Trouble is I’d want the Summer wheels as Speedlines in Orange and something else in Black as a second / winter set.

So getting mine coated (£250), even a cheap set of wheels (£500) and 4 new tyres on them (£400) is a bit of a spend to essentially change colour winter to summer.......

All this talk has made me think if nothing else. And I do think Orange wheels, Orange writing on black bullets and an Orange R.S. badge on the rear would look good and be ‘enough’ without being too much.

Have you persuaded me or did I talk myself into it there :smile:

Cheers bud.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and ///M
Orange plastidip? Kind of a real life mockup to test the water?

I think my hat is in the ring though. They look awesome! Even with my shoddy ‘shopping.

I love how you’ve clearly started contemplating two sets of wheels though!

But you’ll only end up wanting one set on more than the other.

I’m not helping am I?

Sorry mate.

Orange plastidip? Kind of a real life mockup to test the water?

I think my hat is in the ring though. They look awesome! Even with my shoddy ‘shopping.

I love how you’ve clearly started contemplating two sets of wheels though!

But you’ll only end up wanting one set on more than the other.

I’m not helping am I?

Sorry mate.

Your forum reputation of being great at spending your own money - yet better still at spending other people's; precedes you :smile:

Let me tell you something Mes. Many years ago i bought new; what was one of the first Dual-sport motorbikes. A 600cc single cylinder off-roader (with off-road wheels / tyres).....that also came with a set of fat 17" road wheels complete with sticky rubber. How many times do you think i ever swapped the wheels over ? I'll give you a clue. It's a whole number - less than 1.

The same number of times as the last Supermoto i owned that came with two sets of wheels. So whilst the dream sounds good - the reality is unlikely to happen. Happy to spend 2 hours every other weekend cleaning them, but as an Engineer by trade - can't be bothered undoing 5 bolts and swapping them over.......Don't ask !

Thanks so much for your continued efforts in providing mock-ups for my mini-projects though. Another one in salt you have at the Christmas bash :sunglasses: It's hugely-hugely appreciated and is truly great for getting your head into gear, as opposed to being hit in the face with reality.....like it or lump it !

Looks like i need to keep my eyes open for a set of second hand bullets for starters then......

Enjoy your weekend Mes.

Reactions: ///M
I'm kicking myself for not buying a set of the bullets on here a week or two ago in black with red writing. Interior wise I keep thinking of steering wheel with standard perforated grey sides & red leather top & bottom with tdc marker in either perforated grey or plain white leather. Not a fan of alcantara myself. Could complement this with red seat belts. Of course then that leads on to red carpets a la MG Metros circa late 1980's & no doubt more beyond that! Find it hard to justify the expense when the current interior is so nice though. I'll stop hijacking your thread now Shuv!

Last edited:
For what it’s worth mate I think the orange looks great!
Blacks good too but if I had the balls id go for the orange with a couple of colour matched touches. You can have your own orange diamond emote!

Ha. Quality post Shuv. I know myself if I had two sets of wheels I’d end up leaving one of them on all the time and the others would just gather dust.

It’s a big jump mate. A ballsy jump too. Have you considered bronze as a middle of road option? After seeming how bloody awesome Ben’s Speedlines looked in gold, I’m sure they’d look brilliant in bronze too.

I'm kicking myself for not buying a set of the bullets on here a week or two ago in black with red writing. Interior wise I keep thinking of steering wheel with standard perforated grey sides & red leather top & bottom with tdc marker in either perforated grey or plain white leather. Not a fan of alcantara myself. Could complement this with red seat belts. Of course then that leads on to red carpets a la MG Metros circa late 1980's & no doubt more beyond that! Find it hard to justify the expense when the current interior is so nice though. I'll stop hijacking your thread now Shuv!

Sorry mate, robbed them off you. I've got my standard ones if you want a pair to paint? PM me if so!

I agree with all you say John. And I won’t welch on a deal. You havnt gone Red yet though - so I’ve plenty of time :smile:

Good for you for planning on bringing some more red out though. Maybe I need to just grow a pair ! What other ideas have you been thinking of ref your interior ?

On a more serious note: I do love Speedlines visually and they are sought-after (We’re twins with this thinking)...so if I did go Orange, going back to Black and retaining the Speedlines either way makes sense.

It would be easier and cheaper to sell these wheels and buy some Orange Autecs etc. But as much as I have a love / hate relationship with them I’m not sure I could part with them if push came to crunch.

And then there’s the whole 2 sets thing. Trouble is I’d want the Summer wheels as Speedlines in Orange and something else in Black as a second / winter set.

So getting mine coated (£250), even a cheap set of wheels (£500) and 4 new tyres on them (£400) is a bit of a spend to essentially change colour winter to summer.......

All this talk has made me think if nothing else. And I do think Orange wheels, Orange writing on black bullets and an Orange R.S. badge on the rear would look good and be ‘enough’ without being too much.

Have you persuaded me or did I talk myself into it there :smile:

Cheers bud.

Don't forget the calipers, they're being neglected in the whole colour scheme..:wink:

Those bullets would look absolutely amazing, same as Ben - SprayShack?

Toying with colour on my 200 alloys now when I get them refurbed, don't know what would go well with my red and black scheme though...! Don't like the idea of having two sets of alloys the same colour..

Ha. Quality post Shuv. I know myself if I had two sets of wheels I’d end up leaving one of them on all the time and the others would just gather dust.

It’s a big jump mate. A ballsy jump too. Have you considered bronze as a middle of road option? After seeming how bloody awesome Ben’s Speedlines looked in gold, I’m sure they’d look brilliant in bronze too.

Yea it is ballsy. Not the kinda colour i'd feel happy pulling up with in certain places. Attracting attention isnt always good !

That's not a bad shout on a halfway house colour ref Bronze. With bullets and badges the same to match too you think ?

Yea it is ballsy. Not the kinda colour i'd feel happy pulling up with in certain places. Attracting attention isnt always good !

That's not a bad shout on a halfway house colour ref Bronze. With bullets and badges the same to match too you think ?

Give me a nudge on Monday mate. I’ll adjust the mock-up. Worth a look eh?

Got to be honest, bright wheels on these cars make them look a bit tacky Imo...

Kind of thing a chav would do to them. But if you like it go for it. That's all that matters in the end...

Reactions: Pav
I like the orange Shuv, they do go well the paintwork, however I agree with you that having some more external orange touches would be preferable. They look a bit 'odd' with the current scheme, though clearly you've considered this already :wink:

I like the orange Shuv, they do go well the paintwork, however I agree with you that having some more external orange touches would be preferable. They look a bit 'odd' with the current scheme, though clearly you've considered this already :wink:

You seem more unsure than me Jimmy ! I'm still not quite sure how you stand. Are you ? I'm not.....with me or you :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy