Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I love the black and RB combo, I really like contrast, I have always been tempted to put the poverty spec side trims on mine, this is making me more likely to do it :smile:

You'll be fine with changing them over Shuv, like anything take it slow and it'll be fine :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I love the black and RB combo, I really like contrast, I have always been tempted to put the poverty spec side trims on mine, this is making me more likely to do it :smile:

You'll be fine with changing them over Shuv, like anything take it slow and it'll be fine :smile:

Cheers buddy.

I was kinda self-mocking and being humourous. But i am committed to the cause and staying with the gloss black contrasting theme now i promise you. Dont mean it might not take a few days to settle into my head though ! And i might add to it as yet.....

The Cup trims were the obvious choice. I just felt (Helped by Mes) that gloss versions would fit in better on mine.

Yea....trim tools on the way and i'm going for it Friday night after work i reckon. Free-up a unit at work and end the week with a little "me-time". Its beginning to get a regular habit in the last few weeks.

Wish me luck !

Reactions: ///M and suj
Ye ha! 100 pages! Congrats :smile: seats update you say..........oh and btw the black bits look real nice :smile: thought you would have had them on by now you slacker

Last edited:
Ye ha! 100 pages! Congrats :smile: seats update you say..........oh and btw the black bits look real nice :smile: thought you would have had them on by now you slacker

Ha ha. Slacker you say buddy....... :smile:

Various French plastic door-trim clips 0 - Shuv 1.

Managed to dig-up a pic from my first week of ownership; which will show all exterior changes. So pictured here with: Standard satin wheels, comedy ride height, no spacers / axle extenders fitted, silver Renault badges, colour co-ordinated spoiler and door strips, CLIO badge on etc

35631072294_b34f9046cc_b.jpg

And today:

36298053652_d144f72f62_b.jpg

Fitted the new Tailgate switch as well this evening. A whole host more positive in its working.

"Next".........

Managed to dig-up a pic from my first week of ownership; which will show all exterior changes. So pictured here with: Standard satin wheels, comedy ride height, no spacers / axle extenders fitted, silver badges, colour co-ordinated spoiler and door strips, badges on etc

View attachment 111975

And today:

View attachment 111976

Fitted the new Tailgate switch as well this evening. A whole host more positive in its working.

"Next".........
New competition for the forum, "Spot the difference". £1.00 entry fee for club charity, prize as determined by you admins?!!!!

Managed to dig-up a pic from my first week of ownership; which will show all exterior changes. So pictured here with: Standard satin wheels, comedy ride height, no spacers / axle extenders fitted, silver Renault badges, colour co-ordinated spoiler and door strips, CLIO badge on etc

View attachment 111975

And today:

View attachment 111976

"Next".........
I like the new look a lot @sevenfourate, can't wait to see the new seats!

Contrast definitely works - good job with seeing all this through and trusting your gut!

Quite subtle differences but to the trained eye(which there are a few on here) a big difference and an improvement IMO

Have you considered window tints?

Not everyone's cup of tea admittedly

Cheers for your time and your thoughts guys :smile:

Despite what you might think; the car is actually quite dirty - and other Gloss bits are hence quite dull in the pic compared to the newly painted and fitted door strips.

After a clean im sure the strips will be a bit less "stand out" !

Reactions: Johnny 99
Looks really well that :smile: subtle but you can really see the difference, black door strips do look good I must say, love seeing something outside the box tbh, thinking of colour coding my door handles and possibly the bullets!?!

Radical I know :smile:

What about black on the bullets and the writing in silver shuv? I think that would look real smart, a spare set second hand incase it doesn't!

Looks really well that :smile: subtle but you can really see the difference, black door strips do look good I must say, love seeing something outside the box tbh, thinking of colour coding my door handles and possibly the bullets!?!

Radical I know :smile:

What about black on the bullets and the writing in silver shuv? I think that would look real smart, a spare set second hand incase it doesn't!

Cheers dude:smile: Subtle was always the intention on the outside. Kinda like OEM+ i believe its called if you're young and fashionable. Unlike me......

Might not be radical - but black handles and bullets does look good. But yes: a pioneer you wont be !

Black bullets with silver text sounds great. But perhaps 'tacky' compared to everything else thats got me to this point (?).

I'll ponder some more i think. Orange calipers is tonight's 'dream'.

Like it a lot..I've always been a fan of a black and blue combo as you can tell:ninja:
Good job Syer..

Looks fantastic mate. Really love the before and after.

Always liked the Cup look with the black strips and they look SO much better in gloss.

I'd be tempted to take it a stage further and do the bullets, smoke the side repeaters and I just love the skirts...

Shuv.jpg

Just my thoughts on this again but I wouldn't go black on the handles, I would colour code the same as the car, yes, smoke the repeaters and black bullets and the controversial bit, the skirts look well but with the sticker on the quarter I feel too much, one or other for me!

Would love to see, coded handles and the sticker removed, black bullets, black skirts and smoked repeaters? ///M?

Reactions: ///M