She's Dead

Doesn't sound good. Especially soo early into the mileage and life of a brand new 200. Hope you get it fixed mate :smile: Sounds like a big job. Thank god it should still be under warranty. :smile:

Apparently this is one of the more common issues with the 200 - early slave cylinder failure. Annoying because it leaves the car undriveable.

tcha..thats interesting as no one has mentioned it being a common fault over here

Renault phoned. My diagnosis of the slave cylinder was correct. The gearbox is now being removed ready for parts tomorrow. Ive insisted that i want the clutch changed also but they wont agree until they get the box off and check it..

Going to realign my exhaust to try and stop the knocking over bumps at slow speed and replace my ballooned end cap also.

damn man i feel for ya, imagine if you hadn't been under warranty!

this kind of thing makes me think about extending my warranty as it ends in november, 58 plate only done 5k...

anyone know what an extended warranty roughly costs?

Happened to my red 197. It wasn't as far as fluid pouring out but it wouldn't engage gear. Changed it under warranty without a fuss.

RenaultUK told me it was a common fault. Oh and my red 197 was only 6months at the time (06 plate) shame to see they haven't upgraded or fixed the problem part over 5years !

Does make me consider extended warranty on mine too. It's a '09 58 plate, guaranteed until January. Then things become expensive!