shakey's 400hp Cup

If you can get another turbo brace made I'd be very interested in buying. Nice project btw.

Sorry it was made on the car so is really a one off.. Although wasn't hard to make..

Car has just had both lower hubs and both wishbones plus trackrod ends replaced the difference is unreal, forgot how tight it used to feel.. :smile:

-Andy

wonder if it would be worth going to megane front hubs...the perfo-hub bearings are massive and can handle the extra torque loadings from the turbo engine

If I can get hold of a meg setup I could measure it on our CMM at work -to confirm geometry

the lower perfo-hub is different and the way the lower arm fixes - so it may need megane lower wishbones along with the hub assembly

it was just a thought as the lower swivel joints are wearing quite fast on the turbo cars and the megane set up uses a proper sealed bearing arrangement that is in effect 3-4 times bigger than the clio one - that's probably why its different as a lot of the drive torque will be through that bearing assembly

Last edited:
it was just a thought as the lower swivel joints are wearing quite fast on the turbo cars and the megane set up uses a proper sealed bearing arrangement that is in effect 3-4 times bigger than the clio one - that's probably why its different as a lot of the drive torque will be through that bearing assembly

Okay, I'll look into designing a straight swap upgrade. and see what we could do to improve durability...

-Andy

14793_697841343576124_203438870_n.jpg

You'll have to let us know how the fuel system goes Andy, could be some interest from a few of us for the kit.

Started playing with my performance box today (gps based, made by vbox)
only generated some figures on way to work:
30-50 2.3seconds
50-70 2.6seconds

still on base map

-Andy