shakey's 400hp Cup

Moved on since then, not just the pump but more wider issues around fuel system that with me just fitting a bigger pump wont resolve alone. I'll do a mini write up in my project thread but I'm sure Andy's on it as obviously knows his stuff cause thats some build, and I'm interested on what his plans are.....

Cheers for the comments people :smile:

With regard to fueling its a slight step into the unknown, I intend to run the uprated pump with the standard regulator @3.5Bar (static), with 4 x 630cc injectors

My main concerns are the fuel rail and how much pressure the last injector will be seeing and also the fuel hose pipe work is only 8mm bore, but will have to suck it and see..

Meanwhile:
487861_10151557800911458_1396134772_n.jpg

-Andy

Certainly interested in the fuel issue. Been half way down that route and now know If I still have the car, I will be fitting a return system. Not seen a Meg 225 make big figures without one. Meg 250 standard runs 5 bar static in the tank and 3 bar on fuel reg on fuel rail, and that makes 330'ish st2.

Last edited:
I've already got quotes for the parts for a return system, but the cost from RS was a bit excessive for what it was..

small update: Old engine is now out

6588_10151561715016458_2118228264_n.jpg

I'd seen the facebook page but not this thread for some reason so wasn't sure on the full spec. That's quite an engine your building! :thumbup:

Not much to add today, all suspension is back in place and torqued. Gearbox is filled up with new fluid. most of the lower subframe add ons are in place..

Wasted about an hour when went to torque up the gearbox and engine mounts: I'm running the VibraTechnics ones, but the hardware is crap and they seem to have a lack of understanding of how fasteners work???

Firstly the top engine mount the fastener is a cap head screw (making it difficult to get to when tightening) and although this shouldn't be an issue, the instructed tightening torque is 105Nm -exactly the same as the original hex head on the Renault mounts, it should be slightly lower as a fair percentage of torque force is required to overcome the friction at the head of the standard hex head bolt, but with a cap head, the area is reduced, resulting in less friction. This results in an increase in the bolt preload (tension) -possibly why some people have sheared these bolts??? -I swapped it for a hex head and washer arrangement (and torqued to 105Nm).

The gearbox mount centre nut is only 62Nm and the nut was of so poor quality that the thread pulled out of the nut before it torqued out!!!! (will post a picture tomorrow) -can't think what would happen if this occured whilst driving -so cleaned the thread up and re used the original nut

Also knocked a hole through the bulkhead for boost controller and gauge wiring (for ref this goes to behind the glovebox):
205259_10151566158931458_1184429929_n.jpg

-Andy