shakey's 400hp Cup

my problem is i haven't got the balls to buy an engine off a pallet,what if its a dud? how can you tell? i'd want to see it running first which means buying a car and then your talking big bucks...

i'm also a bit funny about taking a low mileage motor out and replacing it with a medium to high mileage unit,i need to man up don't i,....haha

Grow a pair mate :rofl:

my problem is i haven't got the balls to buy an engine off a pallet,what if its a dud? how can you tell? i'd want to see it running first which means buying a car and then your talking big bucks...

i'm also a bit funny about taking a low mileage motor out and replacing it with a medium to high mileage unit,i need to man up don't i,....haha

Its a risk mate, but I cant tell you how different these cars are FI. For example Shakey's running double the torque of a modded 197's. On the road, honestly, its crazy!!!!!!

Is yours running VVT now Litchy?

In a word...Nop. VVT wired and recognised. The cars running 280bhp, 320+ft\lbs. Needs fueling sorting before entertaining custom map and VVT. Its running about 50bhp short until then. Hoped to have fueling sorted in new year. Should see around 370+ftlb of torque when finished. Trouble will be getting it down on the road....Engines only done about 5k so that needs lossening up too....

Last edited:
In a word...Nop. VVT wired and recognised. The cars running 280bhp, 320+ft\lbs. Needs fueling sorting before entertaining custom map and VVT. Its running about 50bhp short until then. Hoped to have fueling sorted in new year. Should see around 370+ftlb of torque when finished. Trouble will be getting it down on the road....Engines only done about 5k so that needs lossening up too....

You need to get on track nextyear and release its potential, you'll love it.. Sounds impressive already tho.

one from trax 2012:

386134_270114173100967_988606573_n.jpg

Ha! Looks superb. Freezing conditions will make it feel like its got a zillion horsepower eh?

Yeah, doesn't feel half as sure footed in these conditions which is a bit boring..

-Ktec hard piping kit, modified by JKM
-JKM modified intercooler
-NGK iridium plugs
-Pipercross Viper and Cold Air Feed
-Samco Inlet Pipe
-Ktec remap

Thats it performance wise

Ah right. Not too much extra then.

330 torques is the realistic max on these engines on standard internals eh?

cheers andy,that seems like a long way for the air to travel,does this effect performance in anyway? i've always wondered this as i've thought about putting my air filter in that position before but settled with this as the shorter intake pipe gave slightly more low down torque,i imagine its totally different when your talking forced induction though

CAF

7256682324_04ea6bed61_b.jpg
plenum temps by scott1532, on Flickr

maxogen
6782696230_b9fa06f552_b.jpg
maxogen setup by scott1532, on Flickr

It might give a very slight restriction but the filter area is massive and the tube diameter also large, but tbh it makes so much torque I'm not fussed, would rather have the lower inlet temps -More of a concern to me is the filter height and if I get a hydro-lock situation.

that pipe is massive like mate! haha....do you have some sort of reducer on for when it reaches the TB?

how did you get the pipe behind the headlight andy,i struggled to get a 63mm pipe through? thinking about shifting my fuse box slightly to get a bigger neoprene hose through and run it from the fog light...

you say the filter height is a concern,i'm assuming you like to keep it as low as poss as the air is colder and denser lower down? sorry for all the questions bud...