shakey's 400hp Cup

I'm hoping to do mine on an extreme budget to see how cheap it actually be done for I reckon I'm up to about a grand already in parts if you want to do this conversion buy a megane as a donor

So finally got the R26 box, Helix Flywheel, Cover and Plate fitted, etc

Spent a few hours trying to work out why the car would not idle properly did a few gentle pulls and felt like ****..

Called Paul at RS Tuning and explained had a helix flywheel..
Was advised not to start the car as Helix manufactured a batch of flywheels with the timing out by 31degrees!!!

So have to remove and start again,

called Helix and they straight away admitted to the problem and said they'll make some new ones soon :angry: as couldn't make any now as have no material on site???? which sounds like ****. Anyway I've asked them to pay labour costs -will have to wait and see..

The Flywheel was supplied by Ktec so will be paying them a visit with my best angry face tomorrow morning.

-Andy

Just picked the clio back up from JKM Performance.. Now has R26 gearbox, plus billet flywheel and paddle clutch.
Flywheel is the KTec lightweight item, as the one purchased from Helix was manufactured incorrectly (see below) -still waiting for Helix/KTec to sort as have asked for labour to be paid for refitting...

1524946_792123284147929_1280213151_n.jpg

Pretty good, shift is nice, smooth and quite precise, the throw is quite long though.. Still pulls very well and doesn't feel like its to tall in terms of gear ratios even off boost.

-Andy

You can get a short shift kit of a member off meganesport.net, think its a modified standard item, they rave about them of there

Yep, look on Megsport for a chap called AndrewJeffs.

He does them on an exchange basis, nice lad and very fast delivery. :wink: