Sell or Keep the 197 - Advice Please.

Thanks lads, and Will I am on the look out for a Clio dci 100 but they are very rare, should see me good with only £30 tax a year and 70MPG.

Just finding it very hard trying to sell mine, looking at other cars it looks like the only way to sell them is to drop loads on the asking price and I am not willing to do that, rather sorn the dam thing than let it go for 10k or less.

have you tried to part ex with some1 mate 197's are desirable cars these days

have you tried to part ex with some1 mate 197's are desirable cars these days

I would if I could find someone with a old shape Clio dci 100, they are very rare, most people just want to swap to a 1*2 anyway.

Other car suggestion are welcome as long as A) is below 4k B) £40 and below to tax a year.

Last edited:
turbo deisels respond better to a remap anyways mate ull get more HP than a petrol map of same engine size

Ye been looking for a DCi 80, but most are either 200 miles away or very high mileage 100k and still want 3.8k

Just have to keep looking, sure something will come up.

Is it in Auto Trader and on their Website? My mate sold his Fiesta ST in 2 days from pricing it right. He had a look and saw what the cheapest one on the site was for the same year and colour, similar millage etc and just put it in at £250 less. If you want a quick sale you might be best just doing that. See if there are any on the Trader website that are cheaper and similar to yours.

Local newspaper's usually let you ad for cheap. Then there's eBay. A classified ad at first then Buy It Now if it doesn't sell.

Just some ideas. Someone will be looking for a car like your's somewhere. Another mate of mine had an MG ZR and caught the train all the way to Kent to buy a 2.5 V6 ZS! It was a bit special though! Limited run job, only 1 ever made! Lol!

Ye its on Auto trader, this site, piston heads, gumtree, CS Club forum and the RS site. Not putting in our local paper as they charge £40 same price as auto trader.

I don't need a quick sale so not willing to let it go for a silly price, done it before and regretted it big time.

Will reduce it once more to £10,699 then that's it, if it still does not sell then I will just keep it.

£40! Robbing gits! Lol! That's quite cheap for an 08 plate, so I would agree with you there. Good luck again mate. Maybe when people start getting paid towards the end of the month you'll have a pick up of interest.

I disagree about them becoming popular. I had mine up for £8000 ono. Nothing needed doing to it, just had the alloys refurbed and had new tyres.

Had one person come to look at the car in the space of a month (advertised on auto trader and pistonheads) . Unless your willing to drop the price considerably it's likely to take a long time to sell, people just want something for nothing at the mo.

I've resorted to just trading mine at a dealer. Seems to be the only realistic way of getting rid of it.

as ^^^nobody wants them unless you want to give
them away.keep it mate till the used car market
picks up again

Keep it. I've tried to sell mine and its pointless. Unless you sell for 8-9k you wont be able to sell.

I'm not really desperate enough to sell for a tiny amount of money. I've had a few people ring today saying they want to veiw the car etc. But i'm just going to keep it.

I love it too much!

they are popular its just affordability lol. I had a guy approach me to buy mine for 12k cash but i had to tell him it owes me more than that . . . . the cars not even for sale lol

I think £10k is a mental limit for buying a used car from a private seller. Took me 14 months to get rid of the scooby, ended up giving it away for a steal :worried: