Samsung LED tv dead after 15 mins !

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
Just got hold of a brand new Samsung UE26C4000PW 26" LED television for the bedroom. Got through the initial setup stage with no problems. The set had been on for around 10 mins when it switched itself off. I checked the power supply was plugged in correctly and used a different socket and turned it back on. It was on for around 5 mins when it turned itself off again. This time it wont turn back on at all . Any ideas?

I had heard bad things about Samsung but they were the only ones that did the 26" LED that was just right for where I wanted to put it. I am beginning to wish I had not bothered now. I contacted the supplier (online), but they are shut now until Monday.

Is this some kind of record? I had around 15 mins viewing time before it died.

lol mate i dont know who exactly but about 3-4 of the big brand tv's use all the same internals its just the outside thats different lol

F'in annoying!! Stupid Samsung!

Try the rocker switch on the back of the tv (if it has one that is) flick it on and off a few times without it being plugged in, and then plug it back in and try!

If not this might be worth a try. Sign up and post a question or search for your model. Heard that there are some very helpful people on it!!

http://www.avforums.com/

F'in annoying!! Stupid Samsung!

Try the rocker switch on the back of the tv (if it has one that is) flick it on and off a few times without it being plugged in, and then plug it back in and try!

If not this might be worth a try. Sign up and post a question or search for your model. Heard that there are some very helpful people on it!!

http://www.avforums.com/

No switch on it to flick. I have already posted on that forum aswell. Not having much look with my tech recently.

not something as simple as the fuse? tried plugging it into another socket too just to eliminate that as well? just seems odd that it's gone off without warning and won't come back on :worried:

i was led to believe Samsung are one of the big boys in the TV market... one of the reasons I bought a Samsung for the lounge

I bought it from Beyond Television online. They are a dealer with a good reputation so I am hoping that they will change it for another one or give me a refund. Definately not the fuse, sounds like it is shorting out when the power cord is plugged in to the rear of the tv

I bought it from Beyond Television online. They are a dealer with a good reputation so I am hoping that they will change it for another one or give me a refund. Definately not the fuse, sounds like it is shorting out when the power cord is plugged in to the rear of the tv

i would have thought so mate
if they are a good dealer

The crackling noise off those kettle type leads when plugged in is normal it sounds like it could be a switch or something. Shud have no probs swapping it

You shouldn't be plugging in the mains lead with the power on! You've probably spiked some component inside doing that and fubar'd the TV now. Game over, I'd say.

Just had a call from the seller online. They have tested the tv and confirmed it is faulty. Just got to wait for new stock and then they will replace it - RESULT !