Sad times...

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Well, great weather today, you can't beat sunny London, went to pick up my clean car for a spin but before I get in I found myself standing there facing the harsh reality...Someone had drove into my bumper, no notes no nothing...sad stuff:worried:

Now I need new bumper, f1 sticker, spray and fitting...brake upgrade has just gone out of the window:worried:

Do you think I should claim it from the insurance? I'm with the greenlight.

That's **** that is some proper A holes out there. I probably wouldn't even bother claiming ur insurance mate. Have u asked around to see if there was any witnesses I would also go a wonder round were uve parked and c if u can spot any damaged cars

Sure I've seen a couple albi blue bumpers for sale on here lately, absolute scum mate, feel sorry for you!!

Front or rear? The rear bumpers are only about £170 + paint, brand new. I am selling a used one which should be an easy repair.

Thanks guys, its the front I'm afraid:worried: I had a quick look on eBay and sent a couple of emails to Clio breakers, waiting for reply. So frustrated...

That is proper **** mate what toss luck. I think it's deffo worth funding yourself if you can stretch it issuance is unneeded hassle. Hope ya manage get sorted quick time

Thanks for the input guys, I gave it some thought and I decided against it (claiming from the insurance). I'll sort it out myself, I suppose any upgrades will have to wait.

does the clio 200 bumper fit- I have an albi blue one

s

Thanks Steve but I'm afraid the 200 bumper is different..

They pop up from time to time on ebay.. Is the damage very bad or could you wait until one came up?

Also good call not going insurance it will effect you for the next 5 years if you do!

They pop up from time to time on ebay.. Is the damage very bad or could you wait until one came up?

Also good call not going insurance it will effect you for the next 5 years if you do!

No it's not massively bad, I can live with it I suppose till I find a used one. I'm def NOT paying silly money to Renault but it is still looking around £400 more or less...:worried:

nooo that sounds bad! was this after you got the top mounts? upload a photo of the damage

Yes it was the same day Ollie, after I got the top mounts from you mate. Parked the car, went out for cycling, got to pick it up afterwards BOOM, damage done:worried:

Whats your location in london, if your not too far i could always offer a helping hand, im not too bad with the filler and paint and i help with the refitting? Upload a picture.

Thought id try save you some cash.

Whats your location in london, if your not too far i could always offer a helping hand, im not too bad with the filler and paint and i help with the refitting? Upload a picture.

Thought id try save you some cash.

That's very kind of you mate, really appreciate that. I live in Maida Vale, are you in Surrey? I definitely wouldn't mind driving there that's for sure.

I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow. Thanks:smile:

Some pics from the damage people. Do you reckon the bumper is repairable? Cheers

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

The pics are not very detailed but there are cracks to the colour above the sticker area as well.

I think the best thing to do would be do have that sprayed professionally, im sure it wouldnt be anymore than £200, i wouldnt mind removing it, filling and and sanding it all for you though? Would probably save you another few hours labour.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R27WTF Car Parts For Sale 1
such Clio General Chat 19
M General Chat 11
jostheboss General Chat 20
kosluk Gallery 20