Sad times

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys and thanks to my Clio. I've just ended a 6 odd year relationship, cancelled a wedding etc, looking at a new house and basically had my life turned upside down.

Thank christ the Clio has been there for me to vent some anger - in any lesser car it might have been dangerous! And I'm glad I've met some great people off here who can kindly distract me from whats going on.

I didnt know how to say about it on here, knowing that people dont want to hear my sorrows, and I'm not looking for any sympathy - just looking for a good distraction and a good laugh.

Cheers guys

Life does have a habit of throwing a spanner in the works but you'll always get support and distraction here mate.

How about getting yourself up to Leeds next Saturday for Karting, theres quite a few of us from "how fast" so its a chance to fight it all out again. :thumbsup:

Life does have a habit of throwing a spanner in the works but you'll always get support and distraction here mate.

How about getting yourself up to Leeds next Saturday for Karting, theres quite a few of us from "how fast" so its a chance to fight it all out again. :thumbsup:

Leeds it a bit of a trek just hand your arse to you on a plate.... ;-)

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys and thanks to my Clio. I've just ended a 6 odd year relationship, cancelled a wedding etc, looking at a new house and basically had my life turned upside down.

Thank christ the Clio has been there for me to vent some anger - in any lesser car it might have been dangerous! And I'm glad I've met some great people off here who can kindly distract me from whats going on.

I didnt know how to say about it on here, knowing that people dont want to hear my sorrows, and I'm not looking for any sympathy - just looking for a good distraction and a good laugh.

Cheers guys

Sorry to hear this fella, I'm in a similar place (planning wedding, house, similar time in relationship) but without the break up luckily. So I can only imagine how your feeling, and I'm sure its not good. You seem like a nice fella though and I'm sure you'll bounce back. Just give it time... Oh and some track days :smiley: :group:

Gah, sorry to hear about that Jim. :hug:

Still, look at it this way... If you've not done your Christmas shopping yet then you're going to save a fortune!!! :smiley:

Keep your chin up pal I went to compete in a martial arts comp for England in USA and when I came back my best mate who trained with me and had dinner with us every week had moved into my flat been having an affair with the misses for nearly a year . Eight years down the pan but I've got the RS now :thumbup1:

I'm planning (well I say playing, what I actually seem to be doing is just paying) for our (I say our, I mean the other half's) wedding and it's stressful (I say stressful, I mean frustrating and bankrupting).

We've all been there......well not quite to that extent but know how you feel buddy.

Keep your mates close and try to be doing something all the time. Oh and let the clio make you smile

Weddings are'nt cheap but i bet a megane conversion would make better use of that money you were going to spend. :blush:hmy::tomato:

Weddings are'nt cheap but i bet a megane conversion would make better use of that money you were going to spend. :blush:hmy::tomato:

Good thinking although I'm sure Jim can smuggle one of the world series engines out of the factory...

Out of interest what power are the 2ltr running

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your troubles, like a few have said, been through it (12 year relationship for me!!!), but after coming through it, I am a better person and my life is now far better.

And that was BEFORE my megane conversion...... which doubles all of lifes pleasures!

Not much consoation, but much better to cancel the wedding now mate than realise after youve gone through with it that you shoudnt have gone through with it. It costs a heck of a lot more to get shut afterwards financially, physically and mentally

Not much consoation, but much better to cancel the wedding now mate than realise after youve gone through with it that you shoudnt have gone through with it. It costs a heck of a lot more to get shut afterwards financially, physically and mentally

very true!

you got off lightly but still not easy.....

Can I just point out that divorce only costs so much because it's worth it.

Look at it this way, you got all the benefits without the cost. Pre Xmas sales so to speak.

Better to laughter and stick two fingers up that mope about and cry.

F em

Can I just point out that divorce only costs so much because it's worth it.

Look at it this way, you got all the benefits without the cost. Pre Xmas sales so to speak.

Better to laughter and stick two fingers up that mope about and cry.

F em

that is easier said then done....

in my case it has ripped the family apart and the effects will never go away...the physological scares are there for ever!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R27WTF Car Parts For Sale 1
such Clio General Chat 19
M General Chat 11
Yiannis197 Clio General Chat 23
kosluk Gallery 20