Rusty nut, will these work?

Seems to be right( cant remember if 28 or 26) here is the genuine pt no. 8200426593

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lol i dont think they do( in most of places) but anyway if it is the genuine ones i dont think people will steal em

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Im not sure i need locknuts, do people steel wheels these days?
Are the locknuts any good?

I've certainly never known it happen to anyone, not in the last 10+ years anyway! It'd be just my luck though I'd stick normal bolts on there, park my car somewhere unfamiliar one day and return to find it on bricks haha :tongueout:anic:

So has anyone tried these cause really like the idea of black bolts rather than fighting my covers off every time I need to get a wheel off

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've just bought some TPI bolts as I know they've lasted well for some people. Set of 20 including 4 eco locks came to £43.95 inc. postage. I know it's a bit more, but I also have the plastic covers on at the moment and have just taken them off as they're a right PITA!
A couple of weeks ago I saw some guy parked outside my driveway and load a trolley jack into his boot, so not sure if he was trying to take my wheels off! Reported it to the police and bought a little wifi camera to put in the lounge window just in case. Would ALWAYS have a locking wheel bolt on each corner IMO.

So has anyone tried these cause really like the idea of black bolts rather than fighting my covers off every time I need to get a wheel off

Mine will be going on either Friday or Saturday. The bolts have already been delivered, but I'm dropping the wheels off tonight for a full strip and refurb of all 4. Once that's done (been told I should be able to collect them Fri/Sat) the new bolts will be going on with the freshly painted wheels. I'll get some pics up once it's all done :smile:

Unfortunately not! They're still sitting in my car boot. I turned up to the place to get my wheels done and despite their promises, they were unable to provide a swap set so I never got them done. Place seemed a bit "back-street" tbh so after that experience I decided to give them a miss. With an upcoming house purchase funds are seriously tight now so I'm considering the plasti-dip route and doing it myself. Whenever the alloys are in a presentable state I'll be re-fitting them with the new bolts :smile:

Here's a couple of close ups of the bolts - maybe that'll help show the quality.

The Eco-locks look slightly better quality than the normal bolts, maybe they just haven't been clinked together quite as much;

2d8m7t.jpg

14imr7l.jpg

I looked into this for myself if you want the nuts like standard FEBI do ones I ordered one just to see what they are like and if they had the Febi bilstein 27793 Wheel Bolt M14 x 1,5 26mm long £2.15 each amazon some offers on batches of 12 etc.
attachment.php

they are silver finish but not chrome. Your other option is grand espace they use the same front wheel hub and the same bolts. Now what I did with mine was hammerite rust remover in a plastic cup drop the bolts into it takes the rust off I was quite surprised how good a job it did then a light rub with scotchbrite and smooth to tops with some emery paper. Slip the bolt through some cardboard between the collar and the head then paint with hammerite satin black great job. Don't paint the threads this can cause the bolts to come loose due to the lubrication effect of the paint. I could not justify spending £40 on new bolts this worked out well and I can redo them when I want, I had one new and 5 espace bolts so I did a wheel every 24hrs it was easy and as for ebay I wish they would turn off that will fit crap they list 4 stud wheels as suitable for Clio 197/200 when they are 5 stud wheels.

Attachments

• 41LN+kiusXL.jpg
    41LN+kiusXL.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 55
I think febbi is making these bolts for renault ,not sure .anyhow just order some genuine ones or febbi's(seems to be alright) and thats it..
Pt no. 8200426593