rs250/265/275 owners, your knowledge please!

So after fully educating myself on the 200 cup, i've now decided whilst that becomes a track toy I want a megane rs250 cup to enjoy the roads with.

So what do I need to know and check? like the clio's do they have a weak point? (the 197/200 gearbox)
when do things like the cambelt need changing? and how much does it cost?
Does the rs250 cup have issues that was worked out in later models, so a lot of people do simple OEM mods?

Anything you can think of would be greatly appreciated?

owh do the recaro's in the clio fit directly into a megane with the same brackets on the same year car? 2010 clio and 2010 megane.

Not going to be buying blind this time like I did with the clio, although it was an absolute gem of a car I was lucky! Plus this will be my 21st birthday present to myself. Cannot wait.

thanks a lot

Matt

Afaik, for the 275 at least, its 6 years that cambelts due (200 on the same schedule now isn't it?) and prices were similar to when I first had the 197 done (around 800-1k)I've been told the gearboxes are a lot stronger in this shape Megane, I never had any problems with the Clios gearbox thankfully.

Early 250s should be coming due for belts over the next yeah it so.

I've been told cloth recaros can wear like in the clio (not an issue with mine)

Cheaper tax, better fuel consumption. Tyres about the same price.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head. They seem to be a lot more sturdy then previous generations.

Oh and join www.rsmegane.com/forum.php
Not as busy as here but lots of info scattered about.

Last edited:
Thanks for the worda of advice guys! It is having it's lower ball joints replaced at the moment before sale.

I have my recaro's from 200 cup to bolt in so no worries regarding seats. But the cambelt is a big point I will ask about!

Thanks

A friend of mines 265 has just had a gearbox under warranty for crunching going into 6th gear even at idle