200: RS badge

Thanks, got them now. "wear and tear"? Would that make them serviceable and void from warranty :lol:

I fitted the front badge and kept the old one on the back.

Its very easy to fit. I actually used some tape thats designed to attach number plates , sounds daft but its been well over a year now and numerous jet washes later and its still there.

Thread on RS.co.uk
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst70966/RS-Badge--Fitted-/Default.aspx

So glue would be ok too i guess? I am taking my car to ktech to have spoiler fitted so might ask them to do it.... lazy man(plus dont want to c**k it up).

Or i could grow sum and just do it!

Should prob start a new thread, but whats the best thing to use for removing clio badge(without damaging paint), cheers.

So glue would be ok too i guess? I am taking my car to ktech to have spoiler fitted so might ask them to do it.... lazy man(plus dont want to c**k it up).

Or i could grow sum and just do it!

Should prob start a new thread, but whats the best thing to use for removing clio badge(without damaging paint), cheers.

I wouldn't glue any trim on (unless it really is permanent and never ever needs to be removed for repairs/and or paintwork)... just use decent double sided adhesive tape. Most trim parts such as badges just have contact adhesive tape attached to the back on them.

As for removal - a set of trim removal tools specifically for that part of trim, or fabricate your own... just a smooth soft thin piece of plastic ( a few inches long) will usually surfice that will not damage the body work/paint... don't use a screw driver or anything similar. Sometimes heating gently with a hair dryer will help remove the adhesive as well as some thinners or adhesive remover.

Last edited:
If you pour boiling hot water over the badge then, as above thin plastic card will remove the badge easily.

I just bought a badge on eBay (genuine Renault part). It was priced at €17,- (front). Cheaper than the renaultparts.co.uk site...

Thats what i thought! :wink:
Don't know about the fitting since I own a 200. I will post an update over here after I receive the item.