Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fueling will be a bit restrictive no? I can't see it producing more that Litchy's but I might be talking non sense here..

Good luck mate, I hope you get it back asap:smile:

i must admit I'm looking at less about how much now and more about how it delivers it. There's something about the power delivery that I think can be improved. There's big figures but they need to translate better on the road. 350 torques in a clio should be an absolute animal and it just doesn't feel it. Think that's why people don't keep them after it's done cause secretly, they thought they'd feel quicker. I'm speaking with Ste about a few things that may help in the future.

I think some people look at peak figures too much these days.

Rather than mid range power /torque where ultimately you'll spend 90% of the time.

i must admit I'm looking at less about how much now and more about how it delivers it. There's something about the power delivery that I think can be improved. There's big figures but they need to translate better on the road. 350 torques in a clio should be an absolute animal and it just doesn't feel it. Think that's why people don't keep them after it's done cause secretly, they thought they'd feel quicker. I'm speaking with Ste about a few things that may help in the future.

Do you have any acceleration videos, figures like 60-120mph (100-200km/h)? That way we could compare results.

I made one but you could see I was on a road so refrained from uploading it. I'll get one when the car's back though.

Maybe you are right Wilson. I mean..there must a reason that a very high percentage of people want to sell right after they did the conversion.

With that said, I went for a drive from London to Portsmouth through B roads last Sunday with the weather not being ideal. It was mainly wet but not pissing down, basically typical British conditions. I have to admit that my car couldn't put the power down, first gear was out of the question and second gear was spinning after 5k rpm. Also, cornering and accelerating at the same time would drive the ESP mad and tbh it was one of those moments when I wished I didn't have ''so much power''. My mate's V6 Exige with its 350bhp was totally undriveable (god bless Lotus' new electronics) so I can only imagine what a clio with twice the torque than mine would feel like.

Amazing. That's the short answer.

It's nice that you don't have to drop 2 years to get that kick of torque you need. You can get from 60-100 so very easily without having to do anything but push your foot down a bit.

True Peter, but that has to be on a straight line on dry conditions with good rubber. On a wet -or even dry - b road blast I really can't see how such a powerful car can be quicker than a normal Clio. On a track or straight line of course the difference is massive and this is where all this money and effort of the conversion is justified I guess. If I was tracking my car regularly I would be very much looking into something like this.

That's goes for anything over 200bhp yannis, not just a clio. Any car you drive different in the wet, the clio you just use lower revs, just leave it in 4th and ride the torque. Let the car do its slide into the bends and balance it on throttle. It's no different to anything else. You drive to conditions.

I personally just find it easier to drive. I'm not really one of the people who's had the conversion done and missed the N/A. The turbo is easier to drive, quieter to cruise with, loud enough to raise a childish grin when you floor it and just doesn't feel slow.

One of my own personal complaints with the 197 was that it was slow. I've seen loads of people say they're rapid, and they're not. There's been no progression in speed since a 182 really.

I think had mine not gone horribly tits up, I'd have kept it for a bit longer. Or I may keep it longer if it doesn't sell and get some track use out of in the summer. Then I'll know either way. But one thing I can say is, it's faster in every way, on every road. Especially with the diff.

No doubt about these conversions are absolutely awesome. On regular roads, I can drive mine as quick NA as FI. Also worth noting driving skills aside 'how fast' showed the ability of the well set up clio even against FI. The problem is the NA car is a one trick pony, real world the Megged Clio does so much more. Motorway mine will live with anything. The next step is to refine the delivery of the Megged clio. I drove a mk1 focus at 300bhp, and this felt quicker. Conversion is 4 years old and I know SteC is planning how to progress the development of this. I'd like to improve the throttle response, pity sprint boosters created problems with the throttle.

Still waiting for [MENTION=3654]SteC[/MENTION] to get his rollers in...

MOT is due at the end of the month so if it's still up there I'll get it done up there as it now requires a "friendly" tester. - so not really fussed at the moment.

As long as it's back for May lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0