Retro Fitting Clio Badge

When I bought my R27 the Clio badge was already off but looking at @matt9566's R27 would it be wrong for me to actually like the Clio badge. My original idea was to replace the Renault Sport badge with the new style one and get the new style RS gearknob but that's changed as you can still get the old style gearknob from Poland. What's your views?

I'll give a vote for putting the Clio badge back on! It's not the most subtle, I'll admit, but it's not too bad and I do like OEM. With a few exceptions....

I'd 100% agree on the older style gear-nob being best on yours Colin: and having the original 'RENAULT sport' lettering on the boot to suit.

Clio badge: I'd buy again but only stick back on when / if you sell to be fair - if you want it to remain mostly original as such. Thats if you are actually gonna take your car out :smile: ......because that badge must me the biggest after-thought ever !

Reactions: LOCKE and Jimmy
I'd 100% agree on the older style gear-nob being best on yours Colin: and having the original 'RENAULT sport' lettering on the boot to suit.

Clio badge: I'd buy again but only stick back on when / if you sell to be fair - if you want it to remain mostly original as such. Thats if you are actually gonna take your car out :smile: ......because that badge must me the biggest after-thought ever !
Never thought about the Clio badge until @matt9566's thread. If I don't like it then it can cone back off.

I am taking mine back to OEM a bit more, removing the black badges for silver and getting some badges put back on. Not sure if I like CLIO or just the RS badge. Looks bare without anything though.
20170524_162909.jpg

Yes full set here too, even that rosette one on the back window which I honestly do dislike! That would be off if I could get a replacement to stick on if selling again

Reactions: LOCKE
Is that the Royal we bud :smile:

Only jealous.

I need to get my wife into cars / bikes to liven up the evening chit-chat if nothing else....

:smiley: Nope, just me and Mrs M. I can speak on her behalf! :tongueout: ...within reason!

Mate, it's one of the things I appreciate about her most. Her love of motorsport and fast cars is a massive bonus, I know.

:smile:

Yuppum.

With zero issues and was an original part in an original box.

Would use again if needed Col....
I contacted ROFAG as they are selling the original gearknob Shuv, they say it's new and genuine but doesn't come in the original box which kind of puts me off as they have lots of these gearknobs apperently. I have asked a few more questions before I make an offer.

I love them looking as factory as possible, rather than changing the colours of badges etc. The only think I've removed is the CLIO badge though, it looks so much cleaner without.