Renaultsport Megane dCI 175's

4parajon

Paid Member
Anyone have any experience of these??
I did'nt even realise they existed until last week!!!
I need something diesel powered due to my 120mile round trip commute but dont really want to part with the 200, but due to the ever rising cost of our fuel feel its probably inevitable :worried:

I wanted one a while ago, but they're hard to come by. Changed my mind & went for something even more expensive to run than the 197 in the end!

I wanted one a while ago, but they're hard to come by. Changed my mind & went for something even more expensive to run than the 197 in the end!

ROFL, thats what you get for listening to the missus....

I spoke to RS tuning earlier to see if there re-map would further improve the economy on one of these as the latest diesel engines are (alledgedly) producing mid 70mpg & the Meg is mid 40's but he did'nt think the outlay would be worth it as the mpg would'nt improve significantly enough, he even commented on how he cant believe some of the ad's on other tuners sites claiming 10% better economy as its just not possible.

I spoke to RS tuning earlier to see if there re-map would further improve the economy on one of these as the latest diesel engines are (alledgedly) producing mid 70mpg & the Meg is mid 40's but he did'nt think the outlay would be worth it as the mpg would'nt improve significantly enough, he even commented on how he cant believe some of the ad's on other tuners sites claiming 10% better economy as its just not possible.

think you will find the meganes figures are truer than some of the stupid manipulated fuel figures from other so called "frugal diesels" :coffee:

biggest influence on fuel economy is the driver.....

I had one of these. nice cars... one of the better diesels i have driven in terms of feedback and handling.

Downside is best you can hope for is about 46 -48mpg. I had mine remapped which made it pretty powerful. Usual though, watch for clutch slip and unlike the vag group i came from nowhere could offer uprated clutches.

On my average run to work i only averaged 44mpg. A road, town and motorway. Standard megane issue with with tyre pressure sensors - did my head in. In the end i sold and went to a ibiza dsg... gave me better mpg and more fun to drive though didnt handle well enough. Thats why im back in a 200. all in the sapce of 11 months... from clio 200 to the megane dci renaultsport, to the ibiza Bocanegra and now back to the clio.

Hate to say it though im currently looking at a bmw diesel but the economies of scale to swap arent adding up. So the clios staying for a bit a longer.

ROFL, thats what you get for listening to the missus....

Tbh, she always wanted a Meg, I just wasn't keen enough to get one.

I'm going to be keeping my mps a bit longer & I'll be test driving a 200T when I can.