Renaultsport megane dCi 175 ?

Am looking into getting and Renaultsport megane dCi 175 and was wondering what you guys thoughts were on them?

Went on the ktec website and you get 25bhp and 60lbs/ft with simple remap and filter change? Very tempting for the miles i will be doing.

The goodlooks of a renautsport along with good fuel economy? Too good to be true?! After looking around for one i see they are quite rare though?

Belows a link to a review..

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/233545/renaultsport_megane_dci_175.html

I quite like the idea of these too. You are right though, there isn't a lot of them around. And 175 hp isn't enough, you would definately need the extra 25.

the dci175 will keep up with a 197 if driven hard enough!

good motors and good economy for the performance on offer

I think when they do come up for sale they are very expensive, from what I remember?!

Oh, ive seen a few around, although miles from me and didnt think they were too bad..

my mate has one with all the options and cup pack, great car and does 600miles to a tank

edd1e, how does it keep up with your 200??

Really think this is the car for me, just have to find one now though!!

Good luck getting one - they are really rare!

I think Renault slipped up with them, selling them at a time when petrol was cheap and people wanted power meant that not many sold, they would sell really well these days IMO!

Really think this is the car for me, just have to find one now though!!

never really had a good run with him but its does move well.

I think he's selling it, so if you're really interested PM me. It has heated leather, cup pack etc very rare with all options.

Good luck getting one - they are really rare!

I think Renault slipped up with them, selling them at a time when petrol was cheap and people wanted power meant that not many sold, they would sell really well these days IMO!

Yea i do think they would sell really well now! Just my cup of tea!
I did have a look around for other warm diesel hatches but these being quite rare and looking the part sold me.

never really had a good run with him but its does move well.

I think he's selling it, so if you're really interested PM me. It has heated leather, cup pack etc very rare with all options.

pm'd :wink:

Yea i do think they would sell really well now! Just my cup of tea!
I did have a look around for other warm diesel hatches but these being quite rare and looking the part sold me.

Yeah there are several 'warm' hatches about but there are a few of them that dont get much better mpg than the equivalent petrol counterpart!!!

I considered one.of these but.was put of by reviews of the heavy.engine adversly affecting handling. I've got to admit i didn't even drive one I was kind of sold on a 197 already.

I've been considering selling my 197 for one of these. Looks good and very good mpg but quite expensive. Never seen one close enough to have a look around and test drive though.

When I picked up my 197 the dealer had a Clio Rs Dci 175 (thought it was a 197 till I got closer) and a megane Rs Dci 175.
iirc both had shifted inside a week whereas both the petrol 197's (cup and non cup) took around a month to go.

When I picked up my 197 the dealer had a Clio Rs Dci 175 (thought it was a 197 till I got closer) and a megane Rs Dci 175.
iirc both had shifted inside a week whereas both the petrol 197's (cup and non cup) took around a month to go.

It won't have been an rs if it was a clio diesel.

Last edited:
No such thing as a R.S. Diesel Clio 175, would be a market it for it though now like Paul said about the Megane DCi R.S.

biggest diesel engine they put in the clio was 106bhp wasn't it?

The M9R diesel engine in the megane is a cracking engine. Once rolling will be every bit as quick as a 197