Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

great rene!

one question: the tyre touch the bodywork in turn?

Yes - I lost one plastic screw and a part of the plastic underneath the fender on the each side. :lol:

They're too big and too wide - the roll resistance is huge. But I paid 200 pounds for them. :lol:

Some of the other lap times:

Speedster 1.45:800 / 1.46.700, rain
Lotus 1.56
Audi S4 1.56
Mazda RX8 1.55 (Tarox 6 pot brakes, exhaust, remap,...)
Clio 197 1.55
Renault Sport Megane F1 1.45 (LSD, Miltek, IC, SKN remap, KW V3,...)
Mitsubishi EVO X 1.46 (Miltek, SKN remap, KW Clubsport,...)
Mitsubishi Colt 1.52 (don't know the specs)

Last edited:
I've finally discovered what is wrong with my brakes.

Don't know the proper term in english - vacuum hose and the valve in it.

Will replace it tomorrow.

Finally dammit...:smiley:

rene, great track.. your red rs looks very good on track!!
have you fixed the problem with your camshaft?

Tnx. :thumbsup:

Not yet, will post results when I fix it - if the problem ever was in the cams and not in the remap.

I've remapped the car yesterday afternoon and it was fast, and I really mean F.A.S.T. but in the evening it was slow - like it went to the safe mode because of something...will try to find out next week.

It was faster than it ever was - much, much, much faster. I never felt any difference when I remapped the car before - only when I raced the cars I've raced before - but yesterday I've noticed the difference - like it gained +20bhp at once. :thumbup:

I have 225/45/17 Toyo R888 and it would spin the tyres when it was @ >5000rpm, 2nd gear - from rolling start - amazing....but it has gone to safe mode I presume.

Don't know....I shall see next week - I can't wait...can't even sleep. I didn't know it could go that fast. And if you thought I was fast before...you should see the car perform now with this remap (of course - when it works:lol:smile:.

This is why I now don't think that I have problems with the compression or the cams - but will check those 2 things next week also.

Will keep you posted. :shout:

Dyno results with the STOCK remap:

[qIMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/raptor6767/Renault%20Sport%20Clio%20197/Dyno/Clio-197---catcams-V6-airbox-Miltek-lightweight-flywheel--STOCK-remap.jpg[/qIMG]

Will compare it with the latest remap.

this is the FAST remap rene?

you mean that on dyno and the firsts km your 197 is very fast and then...then her lose som bhp???:huh::huh:

this is the FAST remap rene?

you mean that on dyno and the firsts km your 197 is very fast and then...then her lose som bhp???:huh::huh:

No, this is the SLOW one - this is my clio with the STOCK remap. :smiley:

Yes, the day before yesterday when I have remapped my car the map was "in" the car for a few km - but in that short period of time my car was faster than it ever was - IMHO - 2x.:001_wub:

We just need to find out why can't the car "hold" the remap. I didn't connect to the ECU since then. We shall see this week.

I've checked the engine yesterday (cam timing, compression,...) - everything is OK.

:jump1:

Next thing is the remap.

Where can I buy a Green filter for the Clio V6 Ph2 airbox?

Paypal plz.

I know the Renault OE no: Green high flow filter: 7711158636

But I want to buy it aftermarket, and I can't find it anywhere.

I have found this on eBay. But it is for the Ph1.

TNX

Last edited:
IMHO, the worst panel filter I ever had. :thumbdown:

Had it for <10kkm.

050820101054.gif

050820101053.gif

050820101055.gif

It keeps much more dirt than the K&N ones that I used to have, and it's much more difficult to wash.

All of my high flow filters were K&N till now (there is no K&N panel filter for Clio V6, only Green Filter - ordered).

Now I know why it's 2x cheaper than Green Filter. I wanted the Green one but I had to wait 3 weeks more.

thats not good ! my itg one is still like new apart from of course being a bit dirty !!!