Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Yes, this was with the stock TB.

The manifold was ported and polished to be matched with the gasket. ALSO, the inlet side of the head was enlarged to match the gasket/inlet manifold.

I would recommend this mod.

Don't have that engine now so I have a "step" between the head and the inlet. :worried:

Thanks, I am investigating the best place to take it too for this.
I told the engine builder of mine to look at the inlet and match it, and match the head too. They said they would but when I picked the car up they said they had changed their minds and it wasn't done......!

However a step on the head is often a good thing, it just depends which way the steps is of course. What you want is head ports that are bigger by about 1mm than the inlet manifold ports, this can promote turbulence as the air enters the head and so helps with the fuel atomisation etc. Just make sure the head ports are not smaller!!!
Same thing on the exhaust side (for anti-reversion) but the other way around, you want the exhaust manifold ports to be about 1mm bigger than the head ports.

Sounds like you have opened up the manifold too much, but if it was all ported for the old head and everything made bigger that will be why.
As standard the head ports I am told are a lot bigger than the inlet manifold ports so you can open the manifold out and still have a step the right way.

No, you got me wrong this dyno was with the matched inlets (on the head and on the manifold). Now I havr the step. And might produce less power. Don't know.

Definitely, however I can't tell if only the inlets made that kind of a difference or the combination of the ported inlet side of the head and the ported manifold.

It's a worthwhile mod.

Probably a bit of both, but I am guessing (hoping!) mostly the manifold, iirc is the standard head and valve size is good enough for the R3 Maxi, so I am hoping not to need to work on those.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Rene, I am about to order the Quaife differential, what you have in your car.
Would you pls share your experience with it?

I know its a torsen diferential, this is what I found on their website, but your experience would be way more valuable for me!

it cost a hefty amount 738 GBP+shipment, so want to know everything, before investing it :smile:

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/renault-cl...tb-helical-lsd
https://shop.quaife.co.uk/media/blfa_files/QDF9M.PDF

One of the best mods that I did on the car.

First couple of days I was just searching for the roundabouts where I can test the LSD. :smiley: Now, I got so used to it that I don't even know it's there.

Would highly reccomend.

I got the LSD and a Clio 200 gearbox in the same package (my gearbox and 400€ for the LSD and a Clio 200 gearbox). It was an offer I couldn't refuse. :smiley:

wow what a bargain! lucky dude :smile: thx, about to order from quaife or demon tweeks, cost 700 GBP +transfer :worried:
anyway, its only money, thatswhy we work to enjoy our life :smile:

You won't be disappointed. The best thing that you can do concerning suspension mods.

The moment I've installed the LSD Clio became too fast for me in the corners on the road (don't have the balls to push it to the limits :smiley: ).

If I was to do it all over again and taking into account best "bang for the buck" suspension mods:

1. UR front strut
2. Quaife LSD
3. KW Clubsport
4. Clio Cup Racer front ARB
5. UR rear strut
6. UR rear ARB
7. OZ Ultra's (yes, they widen the track if I got the term correct)

Last edited:
I have the followings:
1. UR front strut bar
2. UR rear strut
3. UR rear ARB
4. Simo's top mounts at front
5. Goodridge brake lines
6. Ferodo DS300 pads in front
7. Proex exhaust from silencer only
8. Fullriver HC20 battery - 7kg only

Honestly, I do not feel any change due to the Ultra-racing bars, but anyway, stiffness is never enough :smile:

what is coming:
1.Quafie LSD
2.coilovers - hell of a lot of money, but i learnt: its a must
3.OZ Ultraleggeras - god damn expensive, bit worried if its worth or not?

Less unsprung mass the better. I've noticed that suspension works better/lighter with the Ultras.

I was talking just about the suspension mods. :wink: