Renault Recaro Seat wiring

Spanky-197

Paid Member
Hi,

i need pictures and details of which wire goes to which on the seat to car wiring loom connector for Recaro seats only, i will even pay £20 to anyone who provides me with these details?

e.g. seat wire red/black to car connector socket 1

the reason i need this is my recaros have had the wiring connectors removed off of the end.

Thanks

Karl

I'm guessing your car didnt come with recaro originally.?

If not you will have 2 empty holes in the car socket as the recaro don't come with the anti sub bags.
To get around this you will either need a resistor or a trip to your local stealer to have the airbag ecu reprogrammed.
Sorry I can't help any more,if I still had the 197 I would have looked for you.

av got the resistor kit but someone chopped the connectors off of the end of the recaro seat wiring, so i need to put some connectors back on the end and match up the wiring.

I do not exactly understand what you want, but here goes:

From the front ( driver seat )

dsc06273w.jpg

dsc06265g.jpg

As seen from the back of the driver seat

dsc06263gi.jpg

thanks rabbit1986 i honestly do 1000000000% appreciate this, what i want to know is when you look at the connectors from your seat e.g. pin 1 on the seat connector red wire connects to pin 1 on the cars wiring loom blue wire. if this doesnt help i will take some pics and post them so you can see what i am dealing with.

thanks

Karl

if i get chance over the weekend will take some photos...but got a bit on at the moment

here are some pics of the current wiring for the seats

this is the drivers seat wiring, left is the seats wiring and the right is the cars wiring

driversseat.jpg

this is the Passenger seat wiring, left is the seats wiring and the right is the cars wiring

PasSeat.jpg

i need to match up the wires like your seats have, i will buy some new univeral connectors to do this as scrap yards wont sell the wiring from the seat and the dealers want £300 and they may not be the right wiring and they wont do a refund of they are not the right wires lol

have you got any clearer pictures of the wires/blocks, because they look like they both have blocks on to me. you sure you have the right cables because if i remember when fitting mine, we uplugged them from the side and then there was another plug at the front of the seat.

From looking at mine it looks like youve extra cables that dont exist on my recaro, this may be for the extra airbag you get on the standard seats, so follow the recaros cable back to see if theres another plug (black/yellow) and should be at the front clipped to a plate.

the black yellow clip has been cut off of the seats and the previous owner had an auto electrician rewire them up with some universal connectors that arnt like the standard ones? i just need to know what colour wire goes to what colour wire.

Last edited:
the black yellow clip has been cut off of the seats and the previous owner had an auto electrician rewire them up with some universal connectors that arnt like the standard ones? i just need to know what colour wire goes to what colour wire.

you can always come up to leeds to have a look at mine...

well thats strange then, because like i said earlier you seem to have two extra cables on each of the seats that are non existent on mine.

On the passager all but the two orange, the driver all but green ans white

Driver seat-car loom
Blue-brown
Blue-grey
Black-black
Purple/yellow-white
White/black-green
Brown-pink
Grey-biege

Passager seat-car loom
Black-black
Purple/yellow-orange
White/black-biege

Driver seat-car loom
Blue-brown
Blue-grey
Black-black
Purple/yellow-white
White/black-green
Brown-pink
Grey-biege

Passager seat-car loom
Black-black
Purple/yellow-orange
White/black-biege

Perfect :smile: am guessing the 2 extra cables are for the air bags that the recaros don't have so i connect the resistor kit to these 2 spare cables