Renault IV gets its first Tuning Job

Cup, cup pack and FF are all options on the new RS just the cup won't be available straight away.
The one at Paris is the only one made but it was a FF with cup pack(4mm lower, 40% stiffer and red calipers)

so - same options as outgoing clio... you're one of the few who have seen it in the flesh, i hope what you said about it looking better in the flesh comes true!! the pics i have seen so far didn't impress me, but that render looks a whole load better, albeit a little 'fussy'

My view is the 197/200 never photo'd well and always looked better in flesh. Hoping this is the same. Like I've said previously, its evolution which is dictated by market forces. Even Porsche had to make a 4x4 and 4 door model!!!!!

If it looked like the above (which it wont, without a lot of work) i would seriously consider one.

I think that 'render' looks really nice. Albeit a little fictional.

Anyone can photoshop 99% of all cars and bingo they look tons better.

The FACT is it will never look like that and even if it did it would still have a 1.6t, crappy paddle box, 5 doors and breaks that look to belong on a twizy.

It's broken the whole ethos of the RS Clio imho

I'm not saying it won't sell and I'm not saying it won't be more successful than the MK3 or that I won't buy one.

However we are currently considering ordering a 3rd RS to go with the others and it ain't the clio......

And for someone who has bought 9 new renaults in 9 years says a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone can photoshop 99% of all cars and bingo they look tons better.

The fact is it will never look like that and even if it did it would still have a 1.6t, crappy paddle box, 5 doors and breaks that look to belong on a twizy.

It's broken the whole ethos of the rs clio imho

^^^^^ +1

Even Porsche had to make a 4x4 and 4 door model!!!!!

And a diesel...

And BMW have Turbo M cars now...

And both Bentley and Lamborghini are releasing an SUV...

When you look at the car industry as a whole, times they are a changing. Give RS some credit, they hung on as long as they could really. But when you see Toyota and Subaru both still flying the NA flag, it does make you wonder if they folded too soon. Another generation of Clio surely would've been ok...

Anyone can photoshop 99% of all cars and bingo they look tons better.

The FACT is it will never look like that and even if it did it would still have a 1.6t, crappy paddle box, 5 doors and breaks that look to belong on a twizy.

It's broken the whole ethos of the RS Clio imho

I'm not saying it won't sell and I'm not saying it won't be more successful than the MK3 or that I won't buy one.

However we are currently considering ordering a 3rd RS to go with the others and it ain't the clio......

And for someone who has bought 9 new renaults in 9 years says a lot.

Your not wrong but 1*2 owners said the same about the 197/200. Golf Mk1 about the MkII, BMW M's now not NA, Ford XR's to ST....and many others. I would never have bought a 1*2 but the 197 appealed to me. If people feel that passionate about it, buy one of the last 200's. Still a cracking car. Like me with the 197, the new car will attract a different type of owner to the forum.

Im an old b*****d, and I like vinyls but at some point had to accept that CD's sound better, and welcome change. Lets wait for the car to be here, test drive it, and compare to the requirements of today rather than the car before it.
Mentalpen, unfortunately most cant have different car for all seasons. Your one of the fortunate few I'm guessing. I'm guessing the new one will appeal to more out there, most importantly women. Proportionately, Women change their cars more frequently than men, and are less caught up in nostalgia. Without sounding sexist, more young girls on the forum won't go amiss. (hope the wifes not reading this) lol

Last edited:
And a diesel...

When you look at the car industry as a whole, times they are a changing. Give RS some credit, they hung on as long as they could really. But when you see Toyota and Subaru both still flying the NA flag, it does make you wonder if they folded too soon. Another generation of Clio surely would've been ok...

Petrolheads Utd 0 Accountants FC 5

Last edited:
Much better. But it's a five door no matter what.....there are very few 5 door small hatches that I like, including this.

Your not wrong but 1*2 owners said the same about the 197/200. Golf Mk1 about the MkII, BMW M's now not NA, Ford XR's to ST....and many others. I would never have bought a 1*2 but the 197 appealed to me. If people feel that passionate about it, buy one of the last 200's. Still a cracking car. Like me with the 197, the new car will attract a different type of owner to the forum.

Im an old b*****d, and I like vinyls but at some point had to accept that CD's sound better, and welcome change. Lets wait for the car to be here, test drive it, and compare to the requirements of today rather than the car before it.
Mentalpen, unfortunately most cant have different car for all seasons. Your one of the fortunate few I'm guessing. I'm guessing the new one will appeal to more out there, most importantly women. Proportionately, Women change their cars more frequently than men, and are less caught up in nostalgia. Without sounding sexist, more young girls on the forum won't go amiss. (hope the wifes not reading this) lol

Very true, I guess the point no one has made is this should not have been called a CLIO. They should have just killed it off and called it something new instead of pretending it's something it's not.

And a diesel...

you forgot the piped in to the cabin engine noise!!!

sad state of affairs whats is and has been going on...

clio4 has been made to compete with the mini a1 and merc a class...

i will go as far to say that unless the "sport" button is pressed it is boring like its german competitors...

as for turbo engines....mmmm its "easy/cheap" engineering

I think the 265 has piped noise as well as other manufacturers.

If it does I can't say I notice it.

Still not a fan.

But I need to see it in the flesh....I'm still not a fan of the thing at the side.

you forgot the piped in to the cabin engine noise!!!
as for turbo engines....mmmm its "easy/cheap" engineering

Oh I didn't forget it mate... I just refuse to acknowledge it because it hurts me inside. Synthetic noise. F?CK OFF!!! :poke:

Turbocharging, the easiest way to hide/disguise the shortcomings in an engine. :thumbsup:

Mentalpen, on some cars, like the Puma and the MP4-12C, there's an acoustic box near to the bulkhead which acts to let a certain amount of noise into the cabin to enhance the driving experience. This, I don't really mind because it works well on both cars and it's still the acutal engine noise that you hear, only it's been pushed towards you purposefully rather than you hearing it in the normal manner... I'm hoping that this is the way that Renaultsport have gone with the Clio and Megane (I'm sure it is to be honest) rather than doing it the BMW way and actually using the speakers to imitate certain frequencies to coincide with the engine speed. That's completely synthetic. :worried:

Far too much going on from the front diamond downwards.

I love the simple, understated design of the 197/200 and this just kills it for me.